The Yummiest Toddler Food
Time seems to be flying and I enjoy watching Lee’s son, James, grow. Ever wonder what is the best toddler food? He is often so funny and silly, and Lee just sent me this picture of him eating Yummy Yam Quick Bread from my trim&TERRIFIC cookbook KITCHEN 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence – he was eating it in the car and when she turned around, it ended up all over him – even in his ears! Although he called it his ‘pancake’ she said he loved this toddler food and she loved that he was enjoying his veggie servings at the same time.
Yummy Yam Quick Bread Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC cookbook KITCHEN 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence
Yes, you read the recipe correctly, as these few ingredients create one of my very favorite moist lip-smacking breads.
Makes 16 servings
1 (18.25-ounce) box spice cake mix
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1(15-ounce) can sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
1/2 cup water
Crumble Topping, (see recipe) optional
1. Preheat oven 350° F. Coat 9x5x3-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In mixing bowl, mix together spice cake mix, cinnamon, sweet potatoes and water just until combined. Transfer to prepared pan. Sprinkle with Crumble Topping (see recipe), if desired. Bake 40-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
This crumbly topping adds the ultimate finishing touch to the bread.
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
In small bowl, mix together all ingredients.
Nutritional information per serving (without Crumble Topping)
Calories 157 kcal, Calories from Fat 15%, Fat 3 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 221 mg, Carbohydrates 32 g, Dietary Fiber 1 g, Total Sugars 15 g, Protein 2 g, Dietary Exchanges: 2 other carbohydrate, 1/2 fat
Nutritional information per serving (with Crumble Topping)
Calories 207 kcal, Calories from Fat 25%, Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 4 mg, Sodium 235 mg, Carbohydrates 38 g, Dietary Fiber 1 g, Total Sugars 19 g Protein 2 g Dietary Exchanges: 2 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
Terrific Tip: 1 (15-ounce) can sweet potatoes = 1 cup mashed cooked Louisiana yams (sweet potatoes) so if you have leftover baked sweet potatoes, here’s your sweet solution
Find more yummy kid friendly recipes on my website.
For more information, visit www.hollyclegg.com or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- How to Serve Safe Food – Terrific Tailgate Tips - October 19, 2016
- Sweet Potato Skin Appetizers – For Football Tailgate Party - October 17, 2016
- Simple Baked Chicken – Eat Protein for Chemotherapy Diet-Cancer Treatment - October 16, 2016