You will want to check out this Valentine’s Day menu!
Valentine’s Day Menu can be really simple but romantic. You’ve heard that the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach but have you ever wondered just what are the foods to put your sweetheart in the mood? One of the most fun chapters, Food for the Mood, in my cookbook, Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets to Sizzle At Any Age, will tell you just that!
Did you know that oysters are high in zinc content, a mineral that aids in the production of testosterone, leading to the rumor that Casanova consumed over 50 oysters in a day to boost his libido?
And if you want to spice things up in your kitchen, don’t forget to add the heat since “hot food” generates a physiological response as when you get excited!
Figs are considered a symbol of fertility and revered as an aphrodisiac as in this delicious Fig, Caramelized Onion, Prosciutto and Goat Cheese Pizza. Figs are also chocked full of nutrients and fiber, so why wouldn’t you tempt your loved one with this dish?!
Fig, Caramelized Onion, Prosciutto & Goat Cheese Pizza from Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets to Sizzle At Any Age
Turn pizza into an alluring palate pleasing masterpiece. I have gone through so many pizza pans but this pizza pan I like and it will last.
Makes 8 servings
1 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
1 small onion, thinly sliced
Pinch of sugar 1 (12-ounce) thin pizza crust
2 tablespoons orange marmalade
4 ounces figs, sliced in thirds
2 ounces prosciutto, cut into pieces
1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, optional
1. In small nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil and sauté onion, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes until start to turn golden. Add sugar and continue cooking until caramel color. Set aside to cool.
2. Preheat oven 450°F. On pizza crust, spread remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and cover with orange marmalade. Arrange cooled onions, figs, prosciutto, goat cheese and mozzarella on crust.
3. Sprinkle with rosemary, if desired. Bake 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust crisp.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 281 Calories from fat 34% Fat 10g Saturated Fat 4g Cholesterol 16mg Sodium 279mg Carbohydrate 38g Dietary Fiber 4g Sugars 12g Protein 6g Dietary Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 lean meat, 1 1/2 fat
Spicy Advice: Figs are high in fiber and potassium. Can’t find figs, just substitute dates.
And if you are into Quickies then this dessert is for you. Just 4 ingredients and 5 minutes to one of the most elegant and yummy trimmed up desserts!
White Chocolate Crème Brulee’ from Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets to Sizzle At Any Age
Fancy but have no fear as you can make this infamous dessert with my simple version- all the indulgence without the bulge! Romance in the air! Part of Creme Brulee is in the presentation so if you don’t have any ramekins, here’s theses inexpensive white ramekins that will work perfectly.
Makes 4 servings
1 (3-ounce) package instant white chocolate pudding and pie filling mix
1 1/2 cups skim milk
1/4 cup white crème de cocoa
6 teaspoons sugar
1. In bowl, whisk together pudding mix, milk and crème de cocoa. Pour into 4 small ramekins. Refrigerate 5 -10 minutes or until set. Sprinkle each ramekin with 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar.
2. Preheat broiler. Broil, watching carefully, or use small ‘chef’s torch to crystallize sugar. Serve.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 194, Calories from fat 0%, Fat 0g, Saturated Fat 0g, Cholesterol 2mg, Sodium 337mg, Carbohydrate 37g, Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 34g, Protein 3g, Dietary Exchanges: 2 1/2 other carbohydrate
For more love-friendly recipes for your Valentine’s Day menu, visit hollyclegg.com
Fancy but have no fear as you can make this infamous dessert with my simple version- all the indulgence without the bulge! Romance in the air!
For more information, visit About Holly or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Easy Homemade Teacher Gift Ideas – 4-Ingredient Margarita Salt Body Scrub - December 9, 2016
- Inexpensive Homemade Christmas Gifts – Mouthwatering Quick Breads - December 9, 2016
- Easy Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe in Bread Bowl -Diabetic Spinach Dip - December 8, 2016