Easy 4-Ingredient Homemade Chocolate Caramel Candy Recipe for Valentine’s Day
Candy and flowers are the #1 Valentine gifts and both turn extra pricey this time of year. How to make homemade chocolate candy? My easy chocolate caramel candy recipe in Too Hot in the Kitchen cookbook makes the perfect homemade Valentine’s Day chocolate turtles candy and will impress your loved ones and friends. My Turtles are made with chocolate, pecans and caramel. Honestly, with only 4 ingredients, this makes a simple chocolate Valentine’s Day homemade gift recipe. You know me! I believe in healthy easy recipes and this is an easy chocolate caramel candy recipe. You’ll love these Chocolate Caramel Pecan Candies.
My Easy Homemade Valentine’s Day Chocolate Caramel Candy Recipe for Chocolate Turtles
Do you like Turtles? If you’re like me and stare at chocolate turtles at the candy counter, you will absolutely LOVE this recipe for Caramel Pecan Candies. This recipe is from my cookbook, Too Hot in the Kitchen. Valentine’s Day wouldn’t be complete without caramel and chocolate! This easy Valentine’s Day candy tastes like the famous turtles candies in the candy stores. My homemade chocolate candy recipe is more affordable also. My turtles make the best Valetine’s Day gift and also great for a party favor. Simple to make and always a HUGE success.
Caramel Pecan Candes from Too Hot in the Kitchen
I make my chocolate caramel candy recipe ahead. Then, I wrap individually in plastic wrap and give for Valentine’s Day gifts.
1 (14-ounce) package caramels, unwrapped
2 tablespoons skim milk
2 cups chopped pecans
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips or semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Combine caramels and milk in microwave for 1 minute. Stir, and microwave another minute or until melted. Stir in pecans. Drop by tablespoonful onto wax paper covered baking sheets. Let stand until firm.
2. Microwave chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl for 1 minute or until melted, stirring once.
3. Dip top of caramel candies into melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip; place on wax paper. Let firm.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 121, Protein (g) 2, Carbohydrate (g) 14, Fat (g) 7, Calories from Fat (%) 52, Saturated Fat (g) 2, Dietary Fiber (g) 1, Sugars (g) 11, Cholesterol (mg) 1, Sodium (mg) 33, Diabetic Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Healthy Easy Crawfish Etouffee Recipe with Secret Healthy Roux -YUM! - September 22, 2017
- Sweet Potato Bread 4 Ingredient Yam Bread Top Spice Cake Mix Recipes - September 21, 2017
- Family Favorite Homemade Dinner Smothered Chicken Breasts Recipe - September 19, 2017