Gluten free enchiladas plus your favorite recipes highlighted in my new arthritis book with a “G” symbol
Just because your favorite meal is “comfort food” doesn’t mean it can’t also be good for you! And what could more comforting than cheesy, meaty enchiladas. I am not giving up my favorite foods so I certainly do not expect you too. Chicken Enchiladas from my trim&TERRIFIC Eating Well to Fight Arthritis cookbook are Gluten-free reducing the risk of inflammation in the body. All gluten-free recipes are highlighted in my arthritis cookbook with a “G” for your ease of use. Best of all, this recipe is a time-saver, as it is great to make-ahead and freeze for a quick meal on a night you need dinner fast! For more easy recipes, check out my book, KITCHEN 101.
Gluten free enchiladas simple as corn tortillas
Chicken Enchiladas from Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC Eating Well to Fight Arthritis
An easy ‘combine and stir’ enchilada recipe with green enchilada sauce and a creamy chicken filling makes scrumptious, lighter style enchiladas.
6 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
3 cups chopped, cooked chicken breasts
1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chilies
1 (28-ounce) can green enchilada sauce, divided
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 cup chopped green onion
12 (8-inch) flour tortillas (use corn tortillas for gluten-free)
1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 1/2 cups reduced-fat shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
Chopped green onion, garnish
1. Preheat oven 350°F. Coat oblong 3-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In microwave-safe dish, microwave cream cheese until melted (1 minute). In bowl, combine melted cream cheese, green chilies, 2 cups enchilada sauce, chili powder, and green onion.
3. Pour 1/2 cup remaining enchilada sauce in prepared baking dish. Spoon about 1/3 cup chicken mixture in each tortilla, some black beans and 1 tablespoon cheese. Roll up and place seam-side down in prepared baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Top with remaining enchilada sauce.
4. Cover with foil. Bake 25-30 minutes or until hot. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and return to oven until cheese melts, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with green onion, if desired.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 323, Calories from Fat 30%, Fat 11g, Saturated Fat 4g, Cholesterol 49mg, Sodium 1047mg, Carbohydrates 35g, Dietary Fiber 5g, Total Sugars 5g, Protein 22g, Dietary Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 2 1/2 lean meat
Terrific Tip: Look in the produce section of the grocery for containers of pre-chopped green onion. Use corn tortillas for gluten-free recipe.
Find more delicious gluten free recipes.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Easy Guacamole Dip Recipe with Greek Flavors – 5 Minute Best Avocado Dip - July 23, 2017
- Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries Recipe – BEST French Fry Recipe - July 20, 2017
- Soothing Melon Salad is Best Sore Throat Treatment - July 18, 2017