Simple Sweet Potato Bread Recipe!
Quick breads make a great breakfast or snack. My popular Yummy Yam Bread is a sweet potato bread recipe that I love for several reasons. First, this yam bread recipe is absolutely delicious. Second, it starts with a spice cake mix. I think this quick bread recipe tastes like the holiday season. Cinnamon, spice and sweet potatoes are definitely prime ingredients. YummyYam Quick Bread is in my vcokbook KITCHEN 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence because this is one of the easiest quick bread recipes ever.
Crumble Topping or Not?
This recipe has two options. You can make it with or without the Crumble Topping. Now, if you use the topping, the recipe isn’t diabetic, however, without the topping the Yummy Yam bread is a diabetic-friendly recipe. I hope you enjoy this sweet potato recipe as much as I do.
Yummy Yam Quick Bread from KITCHEN 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence
Yes, you read this recipe correctly! These few ingredients create one of my very favorite moist lip-smacking sweet potato bread recipes.
Makes 16 servings
1 (18.25-ounce) box spice cake mix
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1(15-ounce) can sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
1/2 cup water
Crumble Topping, (see recipe) optional
1. Preheat oven 350° F. Coat 9x5x3-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In mixing bowl, mix together spice cake mix, cinnamon, sweet potatoes and water just until combined. Transfer to prepared pan. Sprinkle with Crumble Topping (see recipe), if desired. Bake 40-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
This crumbly topping adds the ultimate finishing touch to the bread.
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
In small bowl, mix together all ingredients.
Nutritional information per serving (without Crumble Topping)
Calories 157 kcal, Calories from Fat 15%, Fat 3 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 221 mg, Carbohydrates 32 g, Dietary Fiber 1 g, Total Sugars 15 g, Protein 2 g, Dietary Exchanges: 2 other carbohydrate, 1/2 fat
Nutritional information per serving (with Crumble Topping)
Calories 207 kcal, Calories from Fat 25%, Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 4 mg, Sodium 235 mg, Carbohydrates 38 g, Dietary Fiber 1 g, Total Sugars 19 g Protein 2 g Dietary Exchanges: 2 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
Terrific Tip: 1 (15-ounce) can sweet potatoes = 1 cup mashed cooked sweet potatoes, If you have leftover baked sweet potatoes, here’s your sweet solution. Make my sweet potato bread with canned or fresh sweet potatoes.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Strawberry Dessert Pizza Recipe – Better Than Your Favorite Strawberry Pie - August 14, 2017
- Best Philly Cheese Steak Recipe Makes Favorite of Simple Sandwich Recipes - August 6, 2017
- Banana Foster Pie Most Popular Homemade Banana Pudding Pie Recipe - August 6, 2017