Valentine’s Day Menu Ideas with Foods for The Mood – Best Aphrodisiac Foods
Valentine’s Day Menu Ideas romantic and simple and too good to be true! You’ve heard that the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach and have you ever wondered what the best aphrodisiac foods to put your sweetheart in the mood? My most fun chapters, Food for the Mood, in my cookbook, Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets to Sizzle At Any Age includes omatic healthy easy recipes will entice you.
Did you know that oysters are high in zinc content, a mineral that aids in the production of testosterone, leading to the rumor that Casanova consumed over 50 oysters in a day to boost his libido?
Include Spicy Foods in Your Valentine’s Day Menu Ideas for Aphrodisiac Foods
If you want to spice things up in your kitchen, don’t forget to add the heat. “Hot food” generates a physiological response as when you get excited! Think about cooking with hot peppers and use wasabi in recipes.
Wasabi Crab Cakes with Ginger Sauce Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets to Sizzle At Any Age
Wasabi, a spicy ‘SinSation’, and soy sauce turn crab cakes into an Asian paradise and the Ginger Sauce knocks it out of the park. Make ahead, refrigerate and cook when ready to serve.
Makes 8 servings
1/2 cup chopped green onion
3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
1 1/2 tablespoons wasabi paste (according to taste)
2 teaspoons seasoned rice vinegar
2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs, divided
1 pound white or lump crabmeat, picked through for shells
Ginger Sauce (see below)
1. In bowl, combine green onion, mayonnaise, egg, wasabi, rice vinegar, soy sauce, and lemon juice. Fold in 1/2 cup panko crumbs and crabmeat.
2. Form crab mixture into 8 patties, pat remaining 1 cup panko crumbs onto both sides of patties. For best results, refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours before cooking.
3. Heat nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray over medium heat and cook crab cakes 3–5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with Ginger Sauce (see recipe).
Fresh ginger is a must for this remarkable sauce. The ginger scent stimulates circulation.
Makes 1/2 cup
3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
3 tablespoons nonfat yogurt or sour cream
2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
1 teaspoon seasoned rice vinegar
1. In small bowl, combine all ingredients.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 153 Calories from fat 26% Fat 4g Saturated Fat 0g Cholesterol 73mg Sodium 470mg Carbohydrate 13g Dietary Fiber 1g Sugars 1g Protein 15g Dietary Exchanges: 1 starch, 2 lean meat
Into Quickies? White Chocolate Creme Brulee Dessert Tops Valentine’s Day Menu Ideas
Four ingredients and 5 minutes create the most elegant, easy trimmed up desserts!
White Chocolate Crème Brulee’ from Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets to Sizzle At Any Age
Fancy but have no fear as you can make this infamous dessert with my simple version- all the indulgence without the bulge! Romance in the air! Part of Creme Brulee is in the presentation so if you don’t have any ramekins, here’s inexpensive white ramekins that will work perfectly.
Makes 4 servings
1 (3-ounce) package instant white chocolate pudding and pie filling mix
1 1/2 cups skim milk
1/4 cup white crème de cocoa
6 teaspoons sugar
1. In bowl, whisk together pudding mix, milk and crème de cocoa. Pour into 4 small ramekins. Refrigerate 5 -10 minutes or until set. Sprinkle each ramekin with 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar.
2. Preheat broiler. Broil, watching carefully, or use small ‘chef’s torch to crystallize sugar. Serve.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 194, Calories from fat 0%, Fat 0g, Saturated Fat 0g, Cholesterol 2mg, Sodium 337mg, Carbohydrate 37g, Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 34g, Protein 3g, Dietary Exchanges: 2 1/2 other carbohydrate
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Strawberry Dessert Pizza Recipe – Better Than Your Favorite Strawberry Pie - August 14, 2017
- Best Philly Cheese Steak Recipe Makes Favorite of Simple Sandwich Recipes - August 6, 2017
- Banana Foster Pie Most Popular Homemade Banana Pudding Pie Recipe - August 6, 2017