Baked French Toast Casserole Recipe No Fuss Breakfast Casserole
Baked French Toast Casserole recipe is a make-ahead delicious healthy easy breakfast casserole. Do you like French Toast? I love French Toast but French Toast can be time consuming and last minute. Also, you have to stand over the stove making each piece individually. With my recipe for Oven Baked French Toast recipe from Eating Well To Fight Arthritis cookbook, you get the same yummy taste of French toast without all the effort. Yes, eating healthy with a French toast breakfast recipe is possible! Be sure to check out my other healthy easy recipes for brunch.
GET OVEN TO TABLE SERVING DISHES TO SIMPLIFY COOKING
Oven Baked French Toast Casserole Recipe from Holly Clegg’s Eating Well to Fight Arthritis cookbook
Whip up the night before and pop in the oven the next day. I love to put this baked French toast casserole recipe together the evening before and pop it in the oven the next day for a fast, mouth-watering homemade breakfast for Oven Baked French Toast recipe! If you like brunch, you’ll love my make ahead southern brunch.
Makes 10 servings
8 ounce loaf French bread (whole wheat may be used), cut into 1-inch thick squares
1 (5-ounce) jar seedless all natural blackberry fruit spread
4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons skim milk
2 egg whites
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1 cup fat-free half-and-half
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Coat 9x9x2-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Place half of French bread squares in prepared baking pan. In microwave-safe dish, heat jam until melted, stirring. Drizzle over bread.
3. In bowl, beat together cream cheese, 2 tablespoons sugar and milk until smooth. Drop over bread mixture and cover with remaining French bread squares.
4. In large bowl, whisk together egg, egg whites, brown sugar, half-and-half, vanilla and cinnamon. Pour mixture evenly over bread. Gently press bread into liquid mixture, cover, and refrigerate as time permits, preferably overnight.
5. Preheat oven 325°F. Bake, covered, 30-35 minutes, uncover 5-10 minutes or until bread is golden.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 184, Calories from Fat 17%, Fat 3g, Saturated Fat 2g, Cholesterol 27mg, Sodium 199mg, Carbohydrates 32g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Total Sugars 17g, Protein 7g, Dietary Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat-free milk, 1/2 fruit
SHOP ALL HOLLY’S COOKBOOKS TO HEALTHY COOKING THE EASY WAY!!!
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Easy Guacamole Dip Recipe with Greek Flavors – 5 Minute Best Avocado Dip - July 23, 2017
- Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries Recipe – BEST French Fry Recipe - July 20, 2017
- Soothing Melon Salad is Best Sore Throat Treatment - July 18, 2017