Double Chocolate Pizza Recipe using Holiday Colored M&M’s Candy
Double Chocolate Pizza recipe from my Gulf Coast Favorites cookbook has made me the most popular mom throughout all three of my kids’ years in school – still requested, now my daughters make it themselves. Cut into small squares to please a crowd, and watch the adults to be the first to grab a piece! I have used both seasonal and regular M&M’s to show you in this chocolate pizza recipe because I love to use Fall-themed candies to celebrate the Halloween season and add sweet flair to the holiday.
Double Chocolate Pizza recipe from Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC Gulf Coast Favorites Cookbook
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup candy-coated milk chocolate candies, divided
1/4 cup flaked coconut
1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional
1. Preheat oven 350ºF. Coat 12 – 14-inch pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In large mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugar until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, blending well. In small bowl, combine flour, cocoa, and baking soda. Gradually add to sugar mixture, blending until well mixed.
3. Spread dough on prepared pan, spreading dough to within 1 inch of edge of pan, and sprinkle dough with candies, coconut, marshmallows, and pecans. Bake 18 – 20 minutes, or until edges are set. Don’t over bake, cool, and cut into slices.
Terrific Tip: Use seasonal candies to keep in the holiday spirit on Halloween, Christmas, Valentine’s Day, and Easter.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 235, Protein (g) 3, Carbohydrate (g) 36, Fat (g) 9, Calories from Fat (%) 35, Saturated Fat (g) 3, Dietary Fiber (g) 1, Cholesterol (mg) 15, Sodium (mg) 123, Diabetic Exchanges: 2.5 other carbohydrate, 2 fat
Check out my fun, delicious and healthy recipes.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Strawberry Dessert Pizza Recipe – Better Than Your Favorite Strawberry Pie - August 14, 2017
- Best Philly Cheese Steak Recipe Makes Favorite of Simple Sandwich Recipes - August 6, 2017
- Banana Foster Pie Most Popular Homemade Banana Pudding Pie Recipe - August 6, 2017