Best Chocolate Zucchini Bread Recipe Moist, Delicious with Coffee!
My Perky Chocolate Zucchini Bread recipe from Too Hot in the Kitchen cookbook is moist, indulgent and even has that extra jolt for energy. Yes, coffee is my secret ingredient! You might be wondering what does coffee do in a recipe? Well, you probably won’t taste it but coffee will add depth and intesify the chocolate flavor. Coffee and chocolate compelement each other whether it’s with the bread or in the bread! There’s so many chocolate zucchini bread recipes but if you haven’t had my recipe with coffee, you are in for a treat! Celebrate National Coffee Day not only with your morning cup of java, but with this incredibly double chcolate bread recipe!
Healthy Chocolate Zucchini Bread Recipe
As you know, I try to make all my recipes healthier including my sweet treats! This might be one of the best chocolate zucchini bread recipes because not only is it incredibly moist and delcious, but this bread is also diabetic friendly. With zucchini, low in fat and anitioxidant pecans, just don’t eat the whole loaf and you’ll get a little nutrition also. I love creating recipes like this yummy quick bread from Too Hot in the Kitchen to show you you really can enjoy healthier options while still preparing your favorite recipes
Quick Breads Freeze
Whenever you are making Chocolate Zucchini bread recipes like this one or any quick bread, remember they freeze! So whip up a couple of loaves. Did you know loaf pans come in all sizes like these mini loaf pans?
Perky Chocolate Zucchini Bread from Too Hot in the Kitchen cookbook
No energy? Perk up your morning with chocolate and coffee for an extra jolt. I add
chocolate chips — more chocolate, the better — after all, it’s for energy.
Makes 16 slices
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup light brown sugar
1/3 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon instant dark roast or espresso coffee dissolved in 1 teaspoon warm water
1/4 cup skim milk
1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, optional
1. Preheat oven 350°F. Coat 9x5x3-inch nonstick loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon: set aside.
3. In medium bowl, mix brown sugar, eggs, oil, vanilla and coffee until well blended.
4. Add dry ingredients alternately with the milk and stir until just moistened.
Stir in remaining ingredients. Transfer batter into prepared pan.
5. Bake 40-50 minutes. Don’t overbake as cooks more when cooling.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 178 Calories from fat 40% Fat 8g Saturated Fat 1g Cholesterol 27mg Sodium 106mg Carbohydrate 25g Dietary Fiber 1g Sugars 14g Protein 3g Dietary Exchanges 1 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 1/2 fat
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Easy Guacamole Dip Recipe with Greek Flavors – 5 Minute Best Avocado Dip - July 23, 2017
- Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries Recipe – BEST French Fry Recipe - July 20, 2017
- Soothing Melon Salad is Best Sore Throat Treatment - July 18, 2017