Easy Crawfish Bisque Recipe with Sweet Potatoes Unbelievably Simple & Flavorful!
My easy crawfish bisque recipe pops up as one of my most requested best crawfish recipes and this amazing easy crawfish recipe made my list of favorites. I create healthy easy recipes as spokesperson for Louisiana crawfish and my goal is for you to enjoy healthy Louisiana crawfish recipes. Everyone raves about my healthy Cajun recipes!! This delicious creamy, crawfish recipe is from my trim&TERRIFIC Gulf Coast Favorites cookbook. I believe in healthy cooking and feel you don’t need to give up Louisiana crawfish recipes to eat healthy. I create trim and terrific and easy-to-make recipes. This bisque is different that the traditional one and I think you’ll find the flavor extraordinary. I can’t wait for you to make this healthy crawfish recipe and start eating cooking healthy with me.
Easy Crawfish Bisque Recipe Options
This easy crawfish bisque recipe has lots of versatility to fit your family. Look for a package of Louisiana crawfish tails in your seafood market or freezer section. If you aren’t from Louisiana–don’t think we actually sit there and peel the crawfish–we purchase bags of crawfish tails! Be sure to look for Louisiana crawfish tails! This satisfying sweet potato based soup with a hint of sweetness and touch of curry highlights Louisiana crawfish with a pleasing and unbeatable flavor. As I specialize in healthy Cajun recipes, I also think I have the most popular healthy Crawfish Etouffee recipe ever!
Crawfish and Sweet Potato Bisque from Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC Gulf Coast Favorites cookbook
Makes 8 (1-cup) servings
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped green bell pepper
1 cup chopped celery
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/8 cup molasses
1/2 teaspoon ground curry powder
4 cups fat-free chicken broth
1 (15-ounce) can sweet potatoes, drained, or 1 cup fresh sweet potatoes, cooked, mashed
1/2 cup fat-free Half & Half
1 pound Louisiana crawfish tails, drained and rinsed
Hot sauce to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In large nonstick pot coated with nonstick cooking spray, heat oil, sauté onion, green pepper, celery, and garlic until tender for about 7-10 minutes.
2. Stir in flour, stir one minute and add molasses, curry, chicken broth, and sweet potatoes, bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat and cook 10-15 minutes. Stir occasionally. Add Half & Half and crawfish, hot sauce and season to taste and continue cooking 5 more minutes or until heated thoroughly
Nutritional information: Calories from fat (%) 13, Fat (g) 3, Saturated Fat (g) 0, Cholesterol (mg) 78, Sodium (mg) 300, Carbohydrate (g) 27, Dietary Fiber (g) 3, Sugars (g) 8, Protein (g) 14, Diabetic Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 1/2 very lean meat
TERRIFIC TIDBIT: Bisque is a thick, creamy, rich soup and don’t let the name intimidate you. I can’t wait for you to try my easy crawfish bisque recipe.
Check out more of my special Louisiana crawfish recipes.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Healthy Easy Crawfish Etouffee Recipe with Secret Healthy Roux -YUM! - September 22, 2017
- Sweet Potato Bread 4 Ingredient Yummy Yam Bread with Spice Cake Mix - September 21, 2017
- Family Favorite Homemade Dinner Smothered Chicken Breasts Recipe - September 19, 2017