Easy Holiday Dessert Recipes
I am always looking to add to my collection of easy holiday dessert recipes! And sweet potatoes are one of my favorite healthy Louisiana ingredients, rich in fiber, and Vitamins A, C and E. The natural sweetness of sweet potatoes with a cinnamon streusel and citrus glaze creates one amazing cake. I was bombarded with requests for the recipe! Read my story below about this recipe and you’ll see why this recipe qualifies as an all-star dessert. The Sweet Potato Cinnamon Bundt Cake with Orange Glaze is from Gulf Coast Favorites cookbook.
Testing Easy Holiday Dessert Recipes For Cookbooks
I always test all my recipes. I thought this Sweet Potato Cinnamon Bundt cake would be great for the holiday season. So, next I tested the recipe, and I thought it was delicious. However, I didn’t think I had room for another recipe in my trim&TERRIFIC Gulf Coast cookbook. I sliced some of the cake to take to my gym;and I immediately had requests for the recipe! I told my mother about the story and she said to email her the recipe. My mother made the Sweet Potato Bundt cake for some friends and her doctor. After tasting the cake, I was bombarded with recipe requests from whomever she gave a piece. Well, this changed my mind. As you have probably figured out, I made room for the recipe in the cookbook and I am delighted to share it with you now.
Sweet Potato Cinnamon Bundt Cake with Orange Glaze from Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC Gulf Coast cookbook
Looking for easy holiday dessert recipes?
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
2/3 cup light brown sugar, divided
2 egg whites
1 (15-ounce) can sweet potatoe, drained and mashed
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1. Preheat oven 350ºF. Coat nonstick Bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In mixing bowl, beat together butter, sugar, 1/3 cup brown sugar, egg, egg whites until light and fluffy. Add sweet potatoes and mix.
3. In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Gradually add flour mixture to mixing bowl alternately with yogurt, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Add vanilla.
4. In another bowl, combine pecans with remaining 1/3 cup brown sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon.
5. Spread one-third of batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with half pecan topping. Repeat layers ending with final one-third of batter. Bake 40–45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
6. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Invert onto serving plate. In small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients and drizzle over warm cake.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 225, Calories from fat (%) 28, Fat (g) 7, Saturated Fat (g) 3, Cholesterol (mg) 23, Sodium (mg) 155, Carbohydrate (g) 37, Dietary Fiber (g) 2, Sugars (g) 20, Protein (g) 4, Diabetic Exchanges: 2 1/2 carbohydrate, 1 1/2 fat
Terrific Tidbit: When a recipe calls for canned sweet potatoes, fresh may also be used.
I have so many easy holiday dessert recipes! Check out more of my easy, healthy Louisiana recipes
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Strawberry Dessert Pizza Recipe – Better Than Your Favorite Strawberry Pie - August 14, 2017
- Best Philly Cheese Steak Recipe Makes Favorite of Simple Sandwich Recipes - August 6, 2017
- Banana Foster Pie Most Popular Homemade Banana Pudding Pie Recipe - August 6, 2017