Mardi Gras Party Menu You can Easily Whip Up in Your Own Home
Mardi Gras Party Menu down south in Louisiana represents fun and delicious healthy Cajun recipes. We know how to celebrate this festive time of year! I want you to be able to enjoy this carnival season wherever you live and enjoy my healthy easy recipes! My favorite Mardi Gras party recipes from my trim and terrific Gulf Coast Favorites cookbook will give you the best party food at your own home. Best of all, these recipes are simple to make and are about eating healthy. It doesn’t get any better than that! My healthy food blog includes the best of Louisiana healthy Cajun recipes!
Add Beads to Your Festive Mardi Gras Party
My Mardi Gras party menu is easy and festive and here’s some inexpensive beads you can order to complete your party! Don’t save these amazing Louisiana recipes just for Mardi Gras because you can enjoy them year round. I sure do. I keep the Mini Muffalattas in my freezer for a snack or lunch. You’ll find my Mardi Gras king cake recipe with different theme colors from Super Bowl to Valentine’s Day! Have fun cooking healthy with all my recipes on my healthy food blog.
The Best Mardi Gras Party Menu:
Mini Muffalettas – My make-ahead version of this New Orleans favorite Italian-style sandwich and I turned it into a slider. My favorite rolls are the King Hawaiian rolls and every grocery has in them in stock. These yummy sliders freeze well.
Muffaletta Salad – All the components of a Muffaletta tossed together with only 7 ingredients and you literally open jars and cans to create this amazing salad. If you’re having trouble finding olive salad, raid the olive bar. Also, here’s a jar of my favorite Italian Olive Salad
Chicken and Sausage Gumbo – Serve over rice and this satisfying Louisiana classic feeds a crowd.
Louisiana Crawfish Fettuccine – Cheesy savory southern standby and this recipe is freezer friendly!
King Cake with Cream Cheese Cinnamon Filling – This melt in your mouth dessert starts with low-fat crescent rolls.
King Cake with Cream Cheese Cinnamon Filling from Gulf Coast Favorites
Now, you can make a quick crescent roll king cake recipe in your own home any time, without worrying about a complicated yeast dough. Kids love helping with this cake year round—try red and pink colors for Valentine’s Day, pastels for Easter, and red and green for Christmas!
Makes 16 servings
2 (8-ounce) cans reduced-fat crescent rolls
4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup light brown sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
Mardi Gras Icing (recipe to the right)
1. Preheat oven350°F. Coat 10-inch round pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Separate crescent rolls at perforations, into 16 slices. Place slices around prepared pan with points in the center. About halfway down from points, press seams together.
3. In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners sugar, and vanilla until creamy. Spread on dough in the center where seams have been pressed together.
4. In another small bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon with a fork until crumbly. Sprinkle over cream cheese. Fold dough points over filling, then fold bottom of triangle over points forming circular roll like king cake.
5. Bake about 20–25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly and drizzle with colored Mardi Gras Icing.
Mardi Gras Icing
1 cup confectioners sugar
1–2 tablespoons skim milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Yellow, green, red, and blue food coloring
1.In small bowl, combine all ingredients, except food color. Divide mixture into three bowls.
2. In first bowl, add a few drops of yellow food coloring and in second bowl, add a few drops of green food coloring. In third bowl, add equal amounts of drops of red and blue food coloring (to create purple).
Drizzle over cooled cake.
Nutritional information per serving Calories 184 | Calories from fat 36% | Fat 7 g Saturated Fat 3 g | Cholesterol 9 mg | Sodium 275 mg Carbohydrate 26 g | Dietary Fiber 0 g | Sugars 16 g | Protein 3 g
Diabetic Exchanges1 1/2 carbohydrate | 1 1/2 fat
The icing colors represent power (yellow), faith (green), justice (purple)
Mini Muffaletta– Think of these as scrumptious Italian ham sliders.
Enjoy my trim and terrific Mardi Gras Menu and recipes year round. Most these recipes are from my Louisiana cookbook, Gulf Coast Favorites Guess what? I have now created a new King Cake with Crawfish Cream Cheese Filling and it is all the rage!! Simple and absolutely delicious this savory easy king cake will make a hit at your Mardi Gras Party! Simple and absolutely delicious this savory easy king cake will make a hit at your Mardi Gras Party!
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Strawberry Dessert Pizza Recipe – Better Than Your Favorite Strawberry Pie - August 14, 2017
- Best Philly Cheese Steak Recipe Makes Favorite of Simple Sandwich Recipes - August 6, 2017
- Banana Foster Pie Most Popular Homemade Banana Pudding Pie Recipe - August 6, 2017