Easy Fruit Pizza Recipe Sugar Cookie Dough Crust All Ages LOVE!
Who doesn’t love pizza? My easy fruit pizza recipe actually is a healthy fruit pizza! Summertime entertaining should be easy and fun, and kids of all ages will love to dig in to this fruit pizza recipe sugar cookie dough crust! What is better on a warm summer day than fresh seasonal fruit? Tropical Fruit Pizza from my arthritis diet cookbook is a great way to enjoy all that this season has to offer. This cookbook really featured healthy easy recipes to help fight inflammation and other symptoms. Be creative and substitute yours or your family’s favorite fruits or go with berries for a Patriotic red, white and blue dessert! Kids have so much fun arranging the sliced fruit on the easy fruit pizza recipe.
Kids and adults, alike will come running to this fantastic tropical decadence. You will love these light desserts in my cookbook, Eating Well to Fight Arthritis. I have a sweet tooth so of course, I included healthy easy recipes for desserts. However, I tried to include desserts with fruit for added nutrition! These tropical fruits are arthritis diet recipes.
My Watermelon and Tomato Salad is a great salad using watermelon. And, then there’s the popular Fruity Quinoa Salad-–all from the arthritis cookbook! Add fruit to whatever you are making for a sweet nutritional boost.
Tropical Fruit Pizza -Get Fruit into Your Diet with this Healthy Easy Fruit Pizza Recipe
Healthy Fruit Pizza Tops Everyone’s Dessert List
Tropical Fruit Dessert Pizza from Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC Eating Well to Fight Arthritis
Easy and picture-perfect tropical decadence with seasonal fruit makes the best of fruit pizza recipes. The healthy fruit pizza recipe with sugar cookie dough crust seems to be everyone’s favorite fruit pizza recipe.
Makes 12 servings
1 (16.5-ounce) roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1/3 cup sugar
1 (8-ounce) package fat-free cream cheese
1 teaspoon coconut extract
1 1/2 teaspoons grated orange rind
1 cup fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
1 (11-ounce) can mandarin orange segments, drained
1/2 cup canned or fresh pineapple chunks, drained
1/4 cup jarred or fresh mango slices, drained
1/4 cup apricot preserves
1 tablespoon orange liqueur or orange juice
2 tablespoons coconut, toasted, optional
1 Preheat oven 350°F. Coat 12-14-inch pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Press cookie dough into prepared pan. Bake 12 minutes, cool.
3. In mixing bowl, blend together sugar, cream cheese, and coconut extract until mixed. Stir in orange rind and whipped topping, mixing until smooth. Carefully spread cream cheese mixture on top of cooled crust.
4. Arrange strawberry slices around edge of pizza. Next, arrange ring of mandarin orange segments around edge. Then, arrange pineapple chunks in another ring and then mango slices inside to fill center of pizza.
5. In microwave-safe dish, microwave apricot preserves and orange liqueur just until blended, about 30 seconds. Spoon glaze over fruit. Sprinkle with toasted coconut, if desired. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 270, Calories from Fat 27%, Fat 8g, Saturated Fat 2g, Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 305mg, Carbohydrates 43g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Total Sugars 25g, Protein 5g, Dietary Exchanges: 3 other carbohydrate, 2 fat
Terrific Tidbit: Go ahead and grate more orange rind than you’ll need for the recipe — you can grate a whole orange or lemon and freeze the rind in a plastic freezer bag until needed. Or, you can purchase dried orange rind in spice section of grocery. Substitute your favorite fruits.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Best Foods For Constipation and Cancer with High Fiber Recipes - August 22, 2017
- Easy Tiramisu Trifle – Simple Summer Dessert Is Best Easy Tiramisu Recipe - August 21, 2017
- Strawberry Dessert Pizza Recipe – Better Than Your Favorite Strawberry Pie - August 21, 2017