Easy Watermelon Salsa makes Refreshing Watermelon Mint Feta Salad Recipe!
Easy Watermelon Salsa is an easy watermelon salad or salsa recipe. This sweet watermelon mint feta salad recipe bursts with flavors. I use fresh mint, salty olives, and feta for a sweet and salty taste in each mouthful. How do you pick ripe watermelon? I have Six Top Tips to pick ripe watermelon. Watermelon is usually available from early May to September and at the peak from mid-to late June. It adds a sweet touch, and though water accounts for over 90% of its weight, it is rich in potassium, Vitamins A & C. Great to add to summer recipes.
Do You Like To Cook? My Easy Healthy Cookbooks Will Be Your Cooking Solution!
What to do with Leftover Watermelon? What about Easy Watermelon Salsa?
It seems you always have leftover watermelon and what to do with it? Now, you can also find it in the grocery already cut for convenience. Either way, whether it is leftover or you purchase it cut, you will absolutely love my easy Watermelon Salsa recipe. This mouthwatering watermelon mint feta salad recipe is from my Too Hot in the Kitchen cookbook. This watermelon salad or salsa recipe makes a versatile summer recipe. Serve as a salad, dip or wonderful light lunch. Another recipe I also make all the time is the Watermelon and Tomato Salad from my arthritis cookbook. Fortunately, you can find this favorite melon year round.
Do You Have A Melon Ball Scooper? Easy To Use For Watermelon Salad Recipes
My Six Top Tips for How to Pick Ripe Watermelon:
- It should feel heavy for its size; compare to similar melon.
- Rind shouldn’t have any soft spots, gashes and should be dull and barely yield to pressure.
- A good melon has a symmetrical shape; no matter if round or oval
- Look on the bottom of the melon and you’ll find a discolored spot where melon rested on the ground when was growing. If this spot is light green, the melon is not yet ripe. If the spot is a yellowish-white color, the melon is probably ripe.
- You can also test for ripeness by scratching the surface with your fingernail. A greenish-white color beneath outermost layer of the rind indicates a ripe watermelon.
- If you are watermelon thumper-a ripe melon will sound as if the fruit is hollow. You don’t want to hear a thud or a tone that is high in pitch.
Eating Well To Fight Arthritis- Easy Healthy RecipesNEW 14″ Seeded Watermelon Design Serving Bowl TrayNOVU Kitchen Stainless Steel Watermelon SlicerUSA hand painted Watermelon salad or fruit serving bowl
Watermelon and Feta Salsa from my 30 minute cookbook Too Hot in The Kitchen
An unusual combination, yet, one of my summer favorites, watermelon salsa, with sweet watermelon, fresh mint, salty olives, and feta bursting with sweet and salty in each mouthful. My watermelon feta mint salad recipes also makes a light lunch. It is absolutely delicious and refreshing.
y Makes 16 (1/4) cup servings
4 cups chopped watermelon
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1/3 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
2 tablespoons chopped Kalamata olives
2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
1. In small bowl mix together all ingredients. Serve.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 29 Calories from fat 36% Fat 1g Saturated Fat 0g Cholesterol 1mg Sodium 98mg Carbohydrate 4g Dietary Fiber 0g Sugars 3g Protein 1g Dietary Exchanges: 1/2 fruit
Spicy Advice: Raid a salad bar for fresh Kalamata olives. It makes a difference in this fresh watermelon salsa.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Easy Guacamole Dip Recipe with Greek Flavors – 5 Minute Best Avocado Dip - July 23, 2017
- Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries Recipe – BEST French Fry Recipe - July 20, 2017
- Cold Avocado Soup Recipe – 5-Ingredient Cold Cucumber Avocado Soup - July 18, 2017