Fresh Fig Cake Moist and Best Fresh Fig Recipes During Fig Season!
Fresh Fig Cake moist and delicious, is one of my favorite Bundt cake healthy easy recipes and one of my favorite fresh fig recipes in my cookbook, Eating Well to Fight Arthritis. Who doesn’t like easy fig recipes with fresh figs? You might be wondering when is fig season? The season is really from late summer to fall which is August until October. However, you will find some fresh figs in early summer and I get so excited when I start to see them in the grocery. High on my recipe list is my fresh fig cake moist recipe that has a focus on anti inflammatory recipes. Also, diabetic-friendly and high in potassium and fiber, this moist cake even has nutritious benefits.!
Fig Facts To Know to take advantage of Fig Season:
- A fresh fig is lusciously sweet with a slight crunch making them unique and delicious.
- You may use dried figs or dates, however, this is one of those recipes that fresh is best.
- They are high in potassium and fiber
- Fresh figs are perishable so they say 90% are made into dried figs.
Fresh Fig Cake from Eating Well to Fight Arthritis
Now, if you are one of those that turn up your nose to fresh figs, this Fresh Fig Cake will instantly change your mind. The recipe is from Eating Well to Fight Arthritis. I honestly couldn’t wait to include this recipe in one of my cookbooks. Actually, lots of people have asked me for fresh fig recipes.
Makes 20 servings
1/3 cup canola oil
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg white
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup coarsely chopped fresh figs, stems removed
1/2 cup chopped pecans
Glaze (see recipe)
1. Preheat oven 350°F. Coat Bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In mixing bowl, cream oil, sugar, and vanilla. Add eggs and egg white, one at a time, beating well after each addition until creamy.
3. In small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and cinnamon. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture, alternating with buttermilk and ending with flour. Beat after each addition.
4. Stir in figs and pecans. Bake 40-45 minutes, until top springs back when touched. Then, let cake cool 10 minutes and then invert onto serving plate. Next, pour Glaze (recipe follows) over hot cake.
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons light corn syrup
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup buttermilk
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In small nonstick pot, combine all ingredients except vanilla and bring to boil 4 minutes over medium heat, stirring constantly. Add vanilla and pour over hot cake.
Nutritional information per serving
Calories 194, Protein (g) 3, Carbohydrate (g) 30, Fat (g) 7, Calories from Fat (%) 32, Saturated Fat (g) 1, Dietary Fiber (g) 1, Sugar (g) 20, Cholesterol (mg) 21, Sodium (mg) 111 Diabetic Exchanges: 2 other carbohydrates, 1 ½ fat
Terrific Tidbit: Fresh dates may be substituted or dried fruit.
Not only is this cake absolutely delicious but this Fig Bundt Cake recipe is also one of my easy diabetic recipes. Remember, there’s no magical diabetic diet but it is the healthiest way to eat!
In my cookbook, Eating Well to Fight Arthritis cookbook, I include a “D” to highlight diabetic-friendly recipes throughout the book. I think you will be surprised how many of your favorite recipes will also be diabetic recipes too. I keep eating healthy easy and fun for you! So, if you are looking for a diabetic diet, this book is also a great choice for you besides giving you great recipes for an anti inflammatory diet!
Fresh Fig Recipes Are The Best
Trader Joe’s Black Mission Figs
Fresh figs make a difference in this recipe for my fresh fig cake. If you have a Trader Joe’s in your area you’ll love these black mission figs if you can’t find fresh at your store.
More Easy Fig Recipes Like My Incredible and Delicious Fig Pizza
Do you like pizza? I guess you are thinking pizza and figs don’t go together. Yes, they do and especially during fig season! If you like pizza, you will really enjoy Fig, Caramelized Onion, Prosciutto and Goat Cheese Pizza in my cookbook, Too Hot in the Kitchen. This is another one of those absolutely delicious fresh fig recipes. Honestly, you must give it a try and especially if you enjoy the savory and sweet combination.
Fresh Fig Recipes That You’ll Adore That Are Easy Fig Recipes
I told you how much I look forward to fig season and this pizza is another favorite easy fig recipe. All these recipes may be made with dried figs also. Best of all, there’s no fuss because you don’t even have to peel figs!
Fig, Caramelized Onion, Prosciutto and Goat Cheese Pizza in my cookbook, Too Hot in the Kitchen. Figs combined with sweet caramelized onion, salty prosciutto and creamy goat cheese turn pizza into a palate pleasing masterpiece.
GET MY COOKBOOKS NOW TO START EATING HEALTHY THE EASY WAY
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Strawberry Dessert Pizza Recipe – Better Than Your Favorite Strawberry Pie - August 14, 2017
- Best Philly Cheese Steak Recipe Makes Favorite of Simple Sandwich Recipes - August 6, 2017
- Banana Foster Pie Most Popular Homemade Banana Pudding Pie Recipe - August 6, 2017