How to Cook Fresh Fish? – A Note from My Daughter-In-Law
“I always love visiting my husband’s family for the holidays and especially enjoy all the fresh fish recipes. However, how to cook fresh fish was my concern! One night Holly whipped up one of her Crunchy Fish with this delicious Lemon Sauce from her cookbook, Too Hot in the Kitchen. I had never heard of the Panko crumbs and she was using those crumbs for the crust. To my surprise, it gave the dish a great light crunchy crust keeping it a healthy easy recipe. You can find Panko bread crumbs with regular bread crumbs at the grocery store and any kind of fish may be used for the recipe.
Can You FreezeYou Can Freeze Fish?
Fish freezes well and my friends give me lots and I have a freezer full! I always freeze it in water in freezer zip lock plastic bags for later use. We need to include more seafood in our diet. If you can pull fish out of the freeezer, I have lots of easy fresh fish recipes and you won’t ever have to worry how to cook fresh fish again!
Crunchy Fish with Lemon Sauce from Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets To Sizzle At Any Age
2 pounds trout or any mild fish
Salt and pepper to taste
4 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
1 cup panko bread crumbs
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
1/3 cup fat-free chicken broth
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1. In bowl, season fish with salt and pepper and 2 tablespoons lemon juice. In plastic bag, combine bread crumbs and cornstarch. Add fish; shake to coat with mixture, pressing mixture onto fish.
2. In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium high heat, add fish cooking 4 – 5 minutes on each side or until fish is flaky.
3. Remove fish to serving plate, add butter to pan. After butter is melted, add chicken broth and remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice, scraping pan of any bits to add flavor. Add parsley. Heat 2 minutes, serve with fish.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 283 Calories from fat 38% Fat 12g Saturated Fat 3g Cholesterol 94mg Sodium 98mg Carbohydrate 10g Dietary Fiber 0g Sugars 0g Protein 32g Dietary Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 4 lean meat
Enjoy more easy fresh fish recipes and living in Louisiana I have so many delcious recipes. My Gulf Coast Favorites cookbook has so many recipes for how to cook fresh fish. You will love them all because they are all about being quick and cooking healthy. Also, try my fish taco recipe—talk about good!
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Easy Guacamole Dip Recipe with Greek Flavors – 5 Minute Best Avocado Dip - July 23, 2017
- Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries Recipe – BEST French Fry Recipe - July 20, 2017
- Soothing Melon Salad is Best Sore Throat Treatment - July 18, 2017