Baked French Toast Casserole Recipe No Fuss Breakfast Casserole
Baked French Toast Casserole recipe is such a make-ahead delicious breakfast casserole. Do you like French Toast? French Toast can be time consuming and last minute. Also, you have to stand over the stove making each piece individually With this recipe, you get the same yummy taste of French toast without all the effort.
Make-Ahead and Crowd Pleasing Breakfast Recipe
I love to make this recipe when I have extra kids staying at my house or adults. You can put this baked French toast casserole recipe together the evening before and pop it in the oven the next day for a fast, mouth-watering homemade breakfast!
Oven Baked French Toast from Holly Clegg’s Eating Well to Fight Arthritis cookbook
Whip up the night before and pop in the oven the next day. I love to put this baked French toast casserole recipe together the evening before and pop it in the oven the next day for a fast, mouth-watering homemade breakfast!
Makes 10 servings
8 ounce loaf French bread (whole wheat may be used), cut into 1-inch thick squares
1 (5-ounce) jar seedless all natural blackberry fruit spread
4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons skim milk
2 egg whites
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1 cup fat-free half-and-half
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1.Coat 9x9x2-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray
2. Place half of French bread squares in prepared baking pan. In microwave-safe dish, heat jam until melted, stirring. Drizzle over bread.
3. In bowl, beat together cream cheese, 2 tablespoons sugar and milk until smooth. Drop over bread mixture and cover with remaining French bread squares.
4. In large bowl, whisk together egg, egg whites, brown sugar, half-and-half, vanilla and cinnamon. Pour mixture evenly over bread. Gently press bread into liquid mixture, cover, and refrigerate as time permits, preferably overnight.
5. Preheat oven 325°F. Bake, covered, 30-35 minutes, uncover 5-10 minutes or until bread is golden.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 184, Calories from Fat 17%, Fat 3g, Saturated Fat 2g, Cholesterol 27mg, Sodium 199mg, Carbohydrates 32g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Total Sugars 17g, Protein 7g, Dietary Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat-free milk, 1/2 fruit
Be sure to check out my other healthy easy brunch recipes.
For more information, visit About Holly or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Diabetic Friendly Desserts – Berry Parfait Tops My Best Berry Desserts - March 23, 2017
- Louisiana Crawfish Jambalaya Recipe- Fast and Fantastic! - March 21, 2017
- How To Eat Healthy On The Run: Restaurants to Homemade Granola Bars Recipe - March 20, 2017