My Go-To Recipe
Nothing beats my easy, homemade Banana Bread recipe as that solves the problem of what to do with those over-ripe bananas. It seems my daughter is always giving me over ripe bananas with the recipe request for homemade banana bread. I have different recipes but I love this recipe as I can whip it up in literally minutes with ingredients in my pantry. With Bisquick to keep the recipe easy, and cream cheese gives the bread a wonderful flavor. .
Banana Bread -Muffins-Miniature breads
You can make the banana bread in small loaves and freeze to pull out for that snack or morning meal. I have also made this recipe in muffins. Just freeze in freezer zip top bags. Banana Bread makes a great snack when going through treatment and you need something that is not rich, comforting and delicious to tempt those taste buds.
Banana Bread Best Recipe
This recipe might be in my cancer cookbook but that’s because the recipe is simple and makes a good snack. Enjoy this banana bread whenever you have overripe bananas or need to whip up a yummy quick bread.
Banana Bread from Eating Well Through Cancer
This is short cut banana bread, thanks to the biscuit mix.
Makes 16 Slices
1 (8-ounce) package reduced fat cream cheese
1 cup sugar
3 medium bananas, mashed
1 large egg, beaten
2 large egg whites
2 cups biscuit baking mix
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven 350F. degrees. Coat nonstick 9x5x3-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray
2. In mixing bowl, cream together cream cheese and sugar until light. Beat in bananas, egg, and egg whites. Stir in biscuit mix and cinnamon until just blended. Turn into the prepared loaf pan.
3. Bake 45 minutes-1 hour, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 168, Calories from fat (%) 26, Fat (g) 5, Saturated Fat (g) 2, Cholesterol (mg) 20, Sodium (mg) 267, Carbohydrate (g) 28, Dietary Fiber (g) 1, Protein (g) 3, Diabetic Exchanges: 0.5 starch, 0.5 fruit, 1 other carb., 0.5 fat
Doc’s Notes: Bananas are great source of potassium. They are easily digested by virtually everyone. The high carbohydrate content makes bananas the snack of choice for endurance athletes.
For more information, visit About Holly or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Easy Homemade Teacher Gift Ideas – 4-Ingredient Margarita Salt Body Scrub - December 9, 2016
- Inexpensive Homemade Christmas Gifts – Mouthwatering Quick Breads - December 9, 2016
- Easy Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe in Bread Bowl -Diabetic Spinach Dip - December 8, 2016