Freezer Meals For Make Ahead Dinners with Easy Chicken Enchiladas
I know people love to plan ahead so in all my cookbooks I focus on freezer meals with easy healthy recipes! My favorite Easy Chicken Enchiladas recipe has a snowflake symbol to indicate freezer-friendly recipes. Yes, I included a snowflake in all my cookbooks to help you identify freezer-friendly recipes. My healthy Easy Chicken Enchiladas is from my Gulf Coast Favorites cookbook which has fabulous southern recipes. With leftover or even rotisserie chicken, this is my go- to recipe and many times I make a batch for dinner and one for the freezer to pull out on those busy days. And, don’t worry I said “easy” and this recipes includes ingredients you probably have in your pantry. So, I hope to make eating healthy easy for your family meals.
Save Time with these Tips for Freezer Meals
With our busy lifestyle, freezing has become a way of life, and it is important to understand what recipes freeze and the best way to freeze. Here’s a few tips about freezing:
- Save time by planning menus and cooking multiple meals in a single session
- Save money by buying in bulk
- Eat healthier by preparing good meals, with wholesome ingredients, instead of store-bought frozen foods
- Take control of portions to help with dieting
- Prepare special foods for dietary concerns ahead of time
- Spend more time doing the things they love outside the daily kitchen routine
Plan Ahead and Freeze
So, next time you need to cook and freeze, the snowflake highlights freezer recipes in any of my cookbooks. From casseroles to sweets, lots of dishes freeze great but be sure to wrap appropriately for the freezer. These Easy Chicken Enchiladas are a great example-of one of my freezer meals and easy-to-make healthier options. Remember the snowflake indicates all my freezer-friendly recipes in my cookbooks to simplify your life!
Easy Chicken Enchiladas from Gulf Coast Favorites cookbook
Whip up these “wow” enchiladas in no time at all with rotisserie or leftover chicken, cheese, cream of chicken soup, and green chilies.
2 cups nonfat sour cream
2 (10 3/4-ounce) cans fat-free cream of chicken soup
1 onion, chopped
1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chilies
3 cups cooked, diced skinless chicken breasts
1 1/2 cups shredded reduced-fat Mexican-blend cheese
1 cup frozen corn (optional)
12 flour tortillas
1 (10-ounce) can enchilada sauce
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1. In large bowl, combine sour cream, soup, onion, and green chilies and mix well.
2. In another bowl, combine about 1/3 of the sauce, chicken, 1 cup cheese, and corn, if using. Mix well.
3. Divide chicken mixture among 12 tortillas. Roll up and place seam-side down in a 13x9x2-inch baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
4. Spoon remaining sauce evenly on top of filled enchiladas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and pour enchilada sauce on top.
5. Bake, covered with foil, at 350ºF for 20 minutes or until well heated. Remove foil and sprinkle with green onions. Bake 5 more minutes,
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 283, Calories from fat (%) 25, Fat (g) 8, Saturated Fat (g) 3, Cholesterol (mg) 49, Sodium (mg) 670, Carbohydrate (g) 31, Dietary Fiber (g) 2, Sugars (g) 5, Protein (g) 20
Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat
For more information, visit About Holly or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Ground Beef Dip Recipe For Incredibly Flavored Easy Meaty Italian Dip - January 19, 2017
- Easy Recipes For Cancer Patients -5-Ingredient Simple Baked Chicken - January 17, 2017
- Quick Chili Recipe – 10-Ingredient + 10 Minutes for BEST Meat Chili - January 16, 2017