Cooking with Glen Big Baby Davis
Not often do I cook with a basketball star like Glen Big Baby Davis! Now, he might be bigger than me but I am definitely better in the kitchen. However, booth of us being from Louisiana and our interest in cooking healthier meals actually made us a perfect match! He told me some of his favorite foods and then I showed him healthier recipes for all his favorites. Of course, I selected easy recipes as I sure didn’t want to intimidate him in kitchen. Who doesn’t like Sweet Potato Fries or a Burger Dip? He especially loved all our Louisiana food and my Gulf Coast Favorites cookbook. This book features all of his Louisiana favorites.
Glen Big Baby Davis had fun cooking my easy healthy recipes
This easy dip is so good and best of all, kids of ALL ages will love it. I had so much fun cooking with basketball pro, Glen ‘Big Baby’ Davis and he kept us laughing and even, we were dancing in the kitchen. From sweet potato fries, pizza rice to burger dip, he truly was a pleasure to cook with.
Hamburger Dip From Gulf Coast Favorites Cookbook
Only four simple ingredients create this hearty and satisfying meaty dip and whether you have a tailgating party or last-minute company, you can whip up this dip quickly whips up. Serve with chips.
Makes 20 (1/4-cup) servings
1 pound ground sirloin
1/2 pound sliced mushrooms
1 (16-ounce) jar salsa
1 (8-ounce) package shredded, reduced-fat Mexican-blend cheese
1. In nonstick pot, cook meat, mushrooms over medium heat 5–7 minutes, until meat is well browned. Drain any excess fat.
2. Add salsa, cheese, stirring over medium heat until cheese is melted.
Calories 82, Calories from fat (%) 48, Fat (g) 4, Saturated Fat (g) 2, Cholesterol (mg) 19, Sodium (mg) 175, Carbohydrate (g) 2, Dietary Fiber (g) 0, Sugars (g) 1, Protein (g) 8, Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat
Yes, you can enjoy healthy Louisiana recipes
For more information, visit About Holly or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Easy Homemade Teacher Gift Ideas – 4-Ingredient Margarita Salt Body Scrub - December 9, 2016
- Inexpensive Homemade Christmas Gifts – Mouthwatering Quick Breads - December 9, 2016
- Easy Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe in Bread Bowl -Diabetic Spinach Dip - December 8, 2016