Whip up this quick Chicken Salsa Recipe with salsa and four ingredients
Walmart wanted an easy, affordable and healthy chicken recipe video-Salsa Chicken was my suggestion
Salsa is a pantry staple and combine it with three other ingredients and you have this amazing Salsa Chicken recipe prepared in minutes for dinner. This is a fiesta on a plate and everyone will love the flavor. Did you know that 1/2 cup salsa=1 serving vegetables? Grab from the pantry to prepare this easy, affordable recipe. I especially love the Great Value White Corn and Black Bean Salsa-everyone knows about that salsa from its reputation. I was excited to work with Walmart and when Walmart asked me for an easy affordable recipe, Salsa Chicken was an easy solution. Don’t know what to prepare for dinner tonight-give this easy recipe a try! You probably have all the ingredients in your pantry, making this a go-to recipe.
Salsa Chicken from Eating Well To Fight Arthritis
Serve over rice to take advantage of the tasty southwestern sauce.
Makes 6 servings
2 cups salsa
1 cup nonfat sour cream
1 (1-ounce) package low-sodium taco seasoning
1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders
1/2 cup reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
Cilantro or green onion, chopped, optional
1. Preheat oven 350°F. Coat oblong glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In bowl, mix together salsa, sour cream, and taco seasoning.
3. Place chicken into prepared dish. Pour sauce over chicken and bake 45 minutes or until chicken is tender. Sprinkle with cheese and cilantro or green onion, if desired.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 232 kcal
Calories from Fat 20%
Fat 5 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 85 mg
Sodium 699 mg
Carbohydrates 13 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Total Sugars 5 g
Protein 29 g
Dietary Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate, 3 lean meat
Terrific Tip: Use different flavored salsas to change the flavor. Did you know 1/2 cup salsa is equal to one serving of vegetables?
For more information, visit www.hollyclegg.com or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Sweet Potato Corn Chowder Recipe – Secret Ingredients for Best Corn Chowder - September 30, 2016
- Chocolate Zucchini Bread Recipe Perks Up with Secret Ingredient Coffee - September 29, 2016
- September Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month with Healthy Easy Recipes - September 27, 2016