Strawberry Pizza Recipe Delicious Dessert Pizza at your Pizza Party
Strawberry Pizza Recipe is one of the best fresh strawberry dessert recipes to end a meal any time of the year but especially during strawberry season! Having a pizza party–ever had a dessert pizza? In my family, you certainly cannot forget about dessert! My Glazed Strawberry Pizza recipe is from my Gulf Coast Favorites cookbook. Take advantage of those fresh juicy berries to make one of the best easy strawberry dessert recipes. This fruit dessert pizza recipe is just as delicious as a strawberry pie, without the added effort. Garnish this pizza with blueberries or any extra berries you have on hand.
Strawberry Pizza Recipe Berry Nutritious for Healthy Fresh Strawberry Dessert Recipes
Strawberries are one of the top ranking antioxidant-containing foods and research shows they may also help improve and stabilize blood sugar.
Whether you choose strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, cranberries, or blackberries, these little jewels are packed with fiber and antioxidants that help slow the aging process from the inside out. What a great way to enjoy this strawberry pizza recipe.
Glazed Fresh Strawberry Pizza Pie from trim&TERRIFIC Gulf Coast Favorites cookbook
When strawberry season hits, have fun with my engaging and luscious take on a fresh strawberry pie.
Makes 12-16 servings
1 (16.5-ounce) roll refrigerated ready-to-slice sugar cookie dough
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup diet Sprite
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 quart strawberries, stemmed and sliced
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract ( I love using Mexican Vanilla Extract – yum!)
6 ounces reduced fat cream cheese
1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
2 tablespoons orange juice
1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind
Strawberry halves, garnish (optional)
Fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed (optional)
1. Preheat oven 350°F. Press sugar cookie dough into 12–14-inch pizza pan coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake 12 minutes or until light brown. Cool completely.
2. In small nonstick pot, combine sugar, Sprite, cornstarch, and strawberries, mix well. Bring to boil over medium heat, boil 3 minutes or until mixture thickens. Remove from heat, stir in lemon juice and vanilla. Set aside to cool.
3. In mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar until creamy. Gradually add orange juice, mix well. Stir in orange rind.
4. Spread cream cheese mixture over baked sugar cookie. Carefully spread cooled strawberry mixture evenly over cream cheese layer. If desired, garnish with strawberry halves or serve with whipped topping. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 211, Calories from fat (%) 28, Fat (g) 6, Saturated Fat (g) 3, Cholesterol (mg) 10, Sodium (mg) 148, Carbohydrate (g) 36, Dietary Fiber (g) 1, Sugars (g) 25, Protein (g) 2, Diabetic Exchanges: 2 1/2 carbohydrate, 1 fat 10 Weight Watcher SmartPoints
Get my FREE Monthly Menu Newsletter for the latest and greatest recipes & tips.
My Choice: Any time you are using a bought pizza crust, try this amazing pizza pan with perforated surface for crisping crust. For this strawberry pizza pie, since are pressing out the dough, use this type pizza pan. You want a good quality pizza pan so it won’t warp after using.
For more information, visit www.hollyclegg.com or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Football Centerpieces Easy and Affordable Plus 3 Top Tailgating Recipes - September 21, 2016
- Best Quinoa Salad Recipes – Summer to Fall - September 20, 2016
- Easy Remoulade Sauce Recipe Delicious with Louisiana Crawfish - September 13, 2016