Avocado Dip Recipes with a Healthy Surprise Ingredient!
So you want to make some avocado dip recipes for all of these football playoff games and Super Bowl parties but are trying to eat healthier. Also, you defnitely want easy avocado recipes! Not sure what foods to turn to that will please a crowd and your figure? If you’re like me, you keep hearing all of these good things about certain foods, but you can never remember quite what it was or where you read or heard it. I wanted to give you a reference guide on nutrient dense foods that you can count on as accurate, and you always know where it’s at… in the first chapter of Too Hot in the Kitchen. So I thought I’d share some of this with you, hope you enjoy! Look for Super Bowl commercials this year from Avocados from Mexico is
Delicious Super Bowl Easy Avocado Recipes with Healthy Benefits
Avocado: Did you know buttery, green avocados are considered a fruit – rich in heart-healthy monounsaturated (good) fat and one of the most nutrient-dense foods?
- Avocados are high in fiber, and ounce for ounce, top the chart among all fruits for folate, potassium, vitamin E, and magnesium.
- Rich in magnesium which is an essential nutrient for healthy bones.
- Avocados boost the same good health effects as olive oil.
Soy: This plant-based protein contains as much complete protein as meat, but much lower in fat – making it an excellent alternative in meatless meals.
- Soy is found in products like tofu, soy milk, and edamame – and help to prevent heart disease by lowering cholesterol.
- Fresh, canned dried, or frozen – soybeans, such as edamame, can easily be thrown into many meals – just think of them as the new green pea!
Avocado Dip Recipes from Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets To Sizzle At Any Age (Foods To Improve Chapter)
Edamame adds crunch and sneaks in a nutritional boost combined with powerful flavors into one mouthful of avocado bliss.
Makes 8 (1/4 cup) servings
1 large avocado, (about 2/3 cup mashed)
1 1/2 cups shelled edamame, thawed
3 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon jarred jalapenos
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 cup salsa
1/4 cup nonfat sour cream
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In food processor, combine all ingredients, mixing until smooth, and serve immediately.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 103 Calories from fat 50% Fat 6g Saturated Fat 1g Cholesterol 1mg Sodium 93mg Carbohydrate 8g Dietary Fiber 4g Sugars 2g Protein 5g Dietary Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 very lean meat, 1 fat
I have more easy avocado dip recipes like this delicious Guacamole Goes Mediterranean!
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Healthy Easy Crawfish Etouffee Recipe with Secret Healthy Roux -YUM! - September 22, 2017
- Sweet Potato Bread 4 Ingredient Yam Bread Top Spice Cake Mix Recipes - September 21, 2017
- Family Favorite Homemade Dinner Smothered Chicken Breasts Recipe - September 19, 2017