Be Snacksational with Chex Mix® Snack Recipe For Healthy Snack Mix Ideas!
Chex Mix snack recipe from my Eating Well to Fight Arthritis cookbook is just the ticket when you are looking for healthy snack mix ideas! Looking for the perfect after-school snack? Kids of all ages will love to dig in to this salty and sweet healthy snack mix recipe combo, and you will find yourself grabbing a handful throughout the day – as this Snack Mix is so addicting! Subtlety sweet and low sugar, you can even get the kids in on helping cook up this healthy treat. Fortified cereals actually provide a host of nutrients including calcium, iron, fiber, folic acid, and vitamins C, B, and A.
My favorite and most popular Chex Mix snack recipe is one the whole family will adore.
A little salty with some sweet is a flavor combination sure to please. My arthritis cookbook is just a healthy cookbook with lots of anti inflammatory recipes. There’s a Snack Chapter! I believe my recipes should be mainstream and feed the family! Besides making a great snack, you can also split the mix up in smaller festive holiday containers for hostess gifts, neighbors, teachers, and even your mailman.
I love to use seasonal chocolate candies for the different holidays making the Chex Mix snack recipe extra festive! You can always leave out the chocolate candy and add dried cranberries if you prefer – or just make it without either, be creative! This is one of those recipes from Eating Well To Fight Arthritis that is so easy to whip up and half the price of the pre-made store mixes.
Chex Mix Snack Recipe from Eating Well To Fight Arthritis
A savory and sweet mix that is hard to beat.
Makes 20 (1/2-cup) servings
3 tablespoons sesame oil
3 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon garlic powder
4 cups honey-nut Chex Mix
6 cups mini-pretzels
1 cup dry roasted peanuts
1 cup candy-coated chocolate pieces
1. Preheat oven 250°F. Line baking pan with foil.
2. In small bowl, whisk together sesame oil, honey, soy sauce, and garlic powder.
3. On prepared pan, combine Chex Mix, pretzels, and peanuts. Add oil mixture and toss with cereal mixture. Bake 25 minutes, stirring once.
4. Turn off oven and remain in oven 1 hour to continue crisping. Cool completely and toss with chocolate candies. Store in an airtight container.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 205, Calories from Fat 36%, Fat 8g, Saturated Fat 2g, Cholesterol 1mg, Sodium 357mg, Carbohydrate 29g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Protein 4g, Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Healthy Easy Crawfish Etouffee Recipe with Secret Healthy Roux -YUM! - September 22, 2017
- Sweet Potato Bread 4 Ingredient Yummy Yam Bread with Spice Cake Mix - September 21, 2017
- Family Favorite Homemade Dinner Smothered Chicken Breasts Recipe - September 19, 2017