How to Make Simple Chocolate Peanut Butter Trifle
Chocolate Peanut Butter Trifle is not only an indulgent dessert but it is also the easiest of any chocolate peanut butter desserts. Who doesn’t like a chocolate dessert and especially a no bake chocolate dessert! Whether you think of it as a chocolate trifle or one of the easy peanut butter desserts, I couldn’t wait to share this recipe on my healthy food blog. I know everyone is busy and this chocolate peanut butter trifle recipe makes a quick dessert solution when you want a healthy easy dessert to impress!
Why Is this Chocolate Peanut Butter Recipe A Winner?
Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC KITCHEN 101
This yummy no bake chocolate dessert is from KITCHEN 101 cookbook which is my EASIEST cookbook. So, if you want to cook and are short on time, this book is for you! I love trifles for several reasons. You can make them ahead of time, they serve a crowd and they make quite the presentation. You can literally whip up this recipe at last minute when you need an unexpected impressive dessert. OF course, who doesn’t like a chocolate peanut butter dessert recipe?
A make-ahead 10 ingredient EASY dessert trifle with layers of angel food cake, rich chocolate pudding, heavenly cream cheese peanut butter filling, Reese’s Peanut Butter cups & whipped topping. YUM!
4 Reasons Trifle Make Super Desserts
- Make ahead dessert-put together your Chocolate Peanut Butter Trifle on your time frame and refrigerate until serving
- Crowd pleasing-trifles can serve a crowd. Depending on the size group you are making it for you can adjust the size of your serving piece or even make in individual servings.
- Easy to Make-my trifles consist of angel food cake, instant puddings, whipped topping and a few other ingredients.
- Presentation-trifles make a showstopper presentation that will impress people
Here’s The Catch! You need a Glass Bowl so Why Not Get a Trifle Bowl!
You don’t have to have a trifle bowl but I think you need a glass bowl to show the beautiful layers. I thought the plastic trifle bowl in the middle was a great idea for times you needed to bring dessert somewhere. Then, you don’t have to worry about getting your dish back! Or, I liked the trifle bowl with the lid for easy transport. Trifle is my dessert of choice.
My No Bake Chocolate Dessert Trifle is Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Dessert
If you look at the ingredients you will see that I have made some adjustments to make this chocolate peanut butter dessert trim and terrific!! I used angel food cake, skim milk with the pudding, reduced fat cream cheese in the peanut butter filling and just a few of the peanut butter cups to give it that taste. The perfect dessert or any time of year— beyond good! If you enjoy chocolate peanut butter desserts, here’s my Chocolicious Peanut Butter Dessert recipe-another favorite healthy easy recipe.
My Chocolate Peanut Butter Trifle Recipe TOPS Chocolate Peanut Butter Desserts
From KITCHEN 101 cookbook This is one of the easiest trifle dessert recipes! Serves a crowd, makes a presentation and is best chocolate trifle recipe ever! — beyond good! I love this trifle recipe for several reasons. This chocolate trifle makes a statement when you serve it and it is a fabulous no bake chocolate dessert. You can cross dessert off your to do list because this is a make ahead recipe.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Trifle from Trim and Terrific KITCHEN 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence
A make-ahead show stopper no bake chocolate dessert — beyond good!
Makes 20 (2/3- cup) servings
2 (4-serving) boxes instant chocolate fudge pudding and pie filling mix
3 1/2 cups skim milk
1 (14-16-ounce) bought angel food cake, cut into cubes
Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Filling (recipe follows)
12 miniature peanut butter cups, crumbled, divided
1 (8-ounce) container frozen nonfat whipped topping, thawed
1. In bowl, whisk together chocolate pudding and milk according to package directions.
2. In trifle or large glass bowl, layer ingredients beginning with one-third angel food cake, one-half Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Filling (see recipe), half of chocolate pudding, one- third peanut butter cups, and whipped topping. 2. 2. Repeat layers ending with remaining third peanut butter cups.
Peanut Butter Filling
1 (8-ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
2/3 cup skim milk
1. In mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese and peanut butter. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar and milk mixing until creamy.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 233, Calories from Fat27%, Fat 7g, Saturated Fat 3g, Cholesterol 9mg, Sodium 330mg, Carbohydrates 36g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Total Sugars 25g, Protein 7g, Dietary Exchanges: 2 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 1/2 fat
Terrific Tip: If you don’t have a trifle bowl, use a large glass bowl because you want to be able to see the layers for the presentation.
Watch me whip up one of my favorite chocolate peanut butter desserts! It will be yours too!!!
All MY EASY COOKBOOKS TO SIMPLIFY HEALTHY COOKING
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Easy Guacamole Dip Recipe with Greek Flavors – 5 Minute Best Avocado Dip - July 23, 2017
- Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries Recipe – BEST French Fry Recipe - July 20, 2017
- Soothing Melon Salad is Best Sore Throat Treatment - July 18, 2017