Hamburger Cake Recipe Tastes Like Cake But Looks Like Burger!
How to make burger cake? Hamburger Cake recipe looks like a giant burger but tastes like a wonderful summer burger cake filled with fresh fruit. Kids will quickly gobble up this delicious burger cake recipe and adults will be in awe. Made with cake mixes, this fun kid’s cake is simple to make! Summer is prime time for gathering around the barbecue, and everyone has their favorite hamburger recipe and toppings but you haven’t tried anything until you’ve had my Hamburger Cake recipe! I have lots of great summer recipes! Another fun sweet recipe to make is my Mardi Gras King cake with crescent rolls from Gulf Coast Favorites cookbook Simple, fun and fabulous!
Get My Cookbooks To Start Cooking Healthy Easy Recipes for Healthy Cooking!
How To Make Burger Cake — Show-stopper Summer Fruit Dessert
I can’t wait to share with you “How to make burger cake” that will be the talk of the party – a conversation piece for the adults and the kids. If you have a party coming up definitely try this homemade cake made with cake mixes and fresh fruit. I also LOVE my Tropical Fruit Pizza from my arthritis cookbook taking advantage of fresh seasonal fruit.
We look for ways to get everyone to include more fruit in their diet. With the cake, you will have fun eating the different kinds of fruit. Each fruit represents burger condiments. For more fun, yummy recipes check out my trim&TERRIFIC KITCHEN 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence cookbook.
My Hamburger Cake Recipe on Fox & Friends in New York Such a Hit!
On one of my Fox & Friend’s appearance, it was a summer segment so I wanted a fun summer dessert. Everyone always asks me how to make burger cake so I knew which fun summer dessert to prepare. I made the Hamburger Cake recipe and talk about an unbelievable response! It was the perfect summer segment and they ate the WHOLE burger cake! Now, all you need is great BBQ recipes to go with the cake for an easy summer meal.
How To Make Burger Cake Recipe–Starts with Cake Mixes So SIMPLE TO MAKE!
Don’t get intimidated with the recipe as the cake is made with a cake mix to simplify your job in the kitchen. This burger cake recipe will be the “talk of the party.” The yellow cake layer represents the bun, the brownie layer serves as the burger, and the yellow whipped topping makes a great mustard. Kiwi becomes the lettuce and pickles, while strawberries stand in for tomatoes. Remember, you’ll be using easy cake mixes, so don’t let the length of this recipe intimidate you. I have SO MANY easy fabulous cake mix recipes like my most popular Ooey Gooey Squares from KITCHEN 101 and everyone raves about the Red Velvet Berry Trifle from Eating Well To Fight Arthritis. Stick with me for impressive simple dessert recipes.
KUKPO Mixing Bowls – 3 piece set Includes 1.8 Qt, 3.6 Qt, 6.5 Qt,OXO Good Grips 3-Piece Mixing Bowl Set,Cuisinart CTG-00-3MBM Set of 3 BPA-free Mixing BowlsFarberware Classic Plastic Mixing Bowls, Assorted, Set of 3Gourmet Home Products 6 Piece Nested Polypropylene Mixing Bowl Set,Mixing Bowl Set, with Measurement and Spout,Colander, Sieve and Measuring CupsGood Cook 3-Piece Plastic Mixing Bowl SetOXO Good Grips 3-Piece Stainless-Steel Mixing Bowl Set,
How To Make A Burger Cake With Lyla and Byrdie
I’m in New York babysitting the grandkids and I wanted to make the burger cake with them. First, remember there’s no right or wrong way on how to make a burger cake. The girls didn’t want poppyseeds for the topping and hated the idea of whipped topping. So, I made adjustments for my two chefs. I used sprinkles for the top of the burger instead of the poppyseeds and we used food coloring to make a yellow buttercream icing instead of using whipped topping. Actually, the recipe was even easier and everyone was happy!
I used a small amount of yellow icing for the mustard to hold the strawberries and kiwi in place! Everyone LOVED the new recipe, including me.
Had to Share My Favorite KitchenAid Mixer (BEST MIXER TO BUY) Story from My Daughter
I have a funny KitchenAid story. I have had my big KitchenAid mixer for years and I think they are the best around. Even if you prefer a hand mixer, your money is well spent with a Kitchen Aid. My daughters growing up thought that you called a mixer “kitchen aid” just like you call a tissue “kleenex” I didn’t realize it until Haley came home from a friend’s house one day in astonishment saying they didn’t have a “KitchenAid” and just a hand mixer. Of course, I had the big mixer but not everyone cooks as much as I do!
KitchenAid KHM512ER 5-Speed Ultra Power Hand Mixer, Empire RedKitchenAid KSM75WH Classic Plus Series 4.5-Quart Tilt-Head Stand Mixer, WhiteKitchenAid RKP26M1XSR Professional 600 Series 6Qt Sugar Pearl Silver
Makes 20 servings
Yellow Cake Layer
1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
3 egg whites
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 1/3 cups water
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
2-3 tablespoons skim milk
1 (9-inch) round Brownie Layer (recipe follows)
1 envelope whipped topping mix
1/2 cup cold milk
1 teaspoon yellow food coloring
1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
4 kiwis, peeled and thinly sliced
1/4 teaspoon poppy seeds
For Yellow Layer:
1. Preheat oven 350°F. Coat two 9-inch round cake pans with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In large mixing bowl, beat together cake mix, egg whites, egg, oil and water until mixed. Pour batter into prepared pans. Need one yellow layer for recipe-use extra batter for cupcakes or whatever.
3. Bake 25-30 minutes or until top springs back when touched. Cool layers.
To assemble Burger Cake:
4. Split cooled cake in half into two 9-inch rounds with serrated knife. Place bottom half on serving plate.
5. In small bowl, mix together confectioners’ sugar and enough milk for spreading consistency. Spread half of mixture on top yellow cake layer. Top with cooled Brownie Layer (see recipe).
6. In mixing bowl, beat together whipped topping mix, cold milk, yellow food coloring until very thick forms peak. Spread remaining half confectioners’ sugar mixture on top brownie layer to help next fruit layer stay in place.
7. Cover with sliced strawberries and kiwis. Top with whipped topping mixture, make sure fruit is shows on all sides. Carefully place remaining half of yellow cake layer on top of fruit and whipped topping. Sprinkle with poppy seeds. Refrigerate until serving.
1 (18.25-ounce) package brownie mix
1/3 cup canola oil
1/4 cup water
For Brownie Layer:
1.Preheat oven 350°F. Coat 9-inch round cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In large mixing bowl, beat together brownie mix, oil, water, and eggs until well mixed. Pour batter into prepared pan, bake 25-30 minutes or until top springs back when touched. Cool in pan 10 minutes, then turn out onto wire rack to cool completely before using.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 331, Protein (g) 4, Carbohydrate (g) 53, Fat (g) 12, Calories from fat (%) 32, Saturated Fat (g) 3, Dietary Fiber (g) 1, Cholesterol (mg) 37, Sodium (mg) 361, Diabetic Exchanges: 3 other carbohydrate, 2.fat
My Cookbooks Simplify Eating Healthy For Busy People
Kitchen Favorite Gadgets
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Healthy Easy Crawfish Etouffee Recipe with Secret Healthy Roux -YUM! - September 22, 2017
- Sweet Potato Bread 4 Ingredient Yummy Yam Bread with Spice Cake Mix - September 21, 2017
- Family Favorite Homemade Dinner Smothered Chicken Breasts Recipe - September 19, 2017