My Healthy Mexican Lasagna Recipe Makes Perfect Family Dinner
My healthy Mexican Lasagna recipe makes a delicious healthy easy recipe for a quick family meal. This easy Mexican lasagna recipe from trim&TERRIFIC Eating Well to Fight Arthritis cookbook freezes well and then you can cook it on your own time frame. I made my Crispy Southwestern Lasagna recipe on the NBC Weekend Today Show. This cooking segment featured healthy cooking. One bite by the talent and they went crazy! They loved my easy freeer lasagna meal instructions and my cookbook soared to #4 on Amazon! This impressed my kids and I also knew what impressed everyone! Everyone was excited about my easy freezer lasagna meal recipe. People want recipes to freeze and they want to learn about healthy cooking. After this appearance I included a Snowflake Symbol to indicate Freezer Friendly recipes and all my cookbooks have this symbol by the recipes.
Easy Mexican Lasagna Recipe Freezes Well and Is Gluten-Free Lasagna
My healthy Mexican lasagna recipe, Crispy Southwestern Lasagna from trim&TERRIFIC Eating Well to Fight Arthritis cookbook is also gluten- free with corn tortillas. Use corn or flour tortillas in my easy Mexican lasagna recipe and corn tortillas make the lasagna gluten-free. All lasagnas freeze well and this easy freezer lasagna meal tastes just as good after freezing. Everyone wants to eat healthy! Whip up my easy Mexican lasagna recipe and pull out on those busy nights. Also, I make lasagna and freeze ahead when I’m having company for dinner. This healthy easy recipe feeds a crowd and I like to serve it with guacamaole.
Crispy Southwestern Lasagna from Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC Eating Well to Fight Arthritis cookbook
Outrageously popular and easy Mexican lasagna recipe. I makethis easy dinner and best of all, this is also a healthy Mexican lasagna recipe!
1 pound ground sirloin
1 (14 1/2-ounce) can chopped tomatoes, with juice
1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon minced garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
2 egg whites
2 cups reduced-fat or fat-free cottage cheese
14 (6-inch) corn or flour tortillas, cut into quarters (corn for Gluten-free option)
1 1/2 cups corn
2 cups shredded reduced-fat Mexican blend cheese
1. Preheat oven 350 ̊F. Coat 13x9x2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In large nonstick skillet, cook meat over medium heat until done. Add tomatoes with juice, green chilies, chili powder, cumin, garlic, and season to taste. Set aside.
3. In bowl, blend egg whites and cottage cheese well. Set aside.
4. Line baking dish with six quartered tortillas. Layer all the corn, half meat mixture, half cheese, four quartered tortillas, then all cottage cheese mixture, remaining half meat mixture, and remaining four quartered tortillas. Top with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 239 Protein 25g Carbohydrate 20g Fat 7g Calories from Fat 26% Saturated Fat 3g Dietary Fiber 3g Cholesterol 40mg Sodium 537mg Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable
Terrific Tip: I prefer blending the cottage cheese in a food processor until it’s smooth, however, ricotta cheese may be used for the cottage cheese.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Strawberry Dessert Pizza Recipe – Better Than Your Favorite Strawberry Pie - August 14, 2017
- Best Philly Cheese Steak Recipe Makes Favorite of Simple Sandwich Recipes - August 6, 2017
- Banana Foster Pie Most Popular Homemade Banana Pudding Pie Recipe - August 6, 2017