Best Marinara Sauce Recipe – Quick but Tastes Like Been Cooking for Hours
My daughter-in-law, Sana, mentioned the other day that she was craving a red sauce so I pulled out my KITCHEN 101 cookbook, to tell her to make my quick, best marinara sauce recipe as with three kids, I know she doesn’t have the time to cook. Most of the time, a homemade marinara sauce recipe takes hours to cook but who has hours, and for that reason, I included my Marvelous Marinara Sauce in the Fix it Fast Chapter of KITCHEN 101.
My Best Spaghetti Sauce Recipe Has Options
Some people like to serve their Marinara Sauce over spaghetti but my family prefers angel hair, so serve with your favorite pasta or whatever pasta is in your pantry. My husband is a fan of capers or olives, so many times I toss those ingredients in this recipe. Also, I have added zucchini, squash and eggplant for a more veggie style sauce. If you have one of those families that only wants a Meat Marinara Sauce, cook ground sirloin first and then start adding your other ingredients for a quick meat sauce. However you decide to make your marinara sauce, I think this simple, and diabetic friendly dish will become your go-to recipe and once you make it, you’ll know why I call it Marvelous Mariana Sauce.
Marvelous Marinara Sauce from KITCHEN 101
My best marinara sauce recipe is less than 10 ingredients, diabetic friendly and soooooo good! Serve with pasta and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Makes 4 (1-cup) servings
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/3 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
1/4 cup fat-free chicken broth
1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1. In large nonstick skillet, heat oil and sauté onion, garlic and pepper flakes 4 minutes or until almost tender. Add chicken broth and cook until liquid has evaporated, about 3 minutes.
2. Add tomatoes to skillet, bring to boil, lower heat and cook 5 minutes.
3. Add oregano and basil, cook on medium heat 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
Nutritional info per serving: Calories 69, Calories from Fat 28%, Fat 2g, Saturated Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 374mg, Carbohydrates 11g, Dietary Fiber 4g, Total Sugars 7g, Protein 2g, Dietary Exchanges:2 vegetable, 1/2 fat
Check out my blog for more quick and easy dinners like my best marinara sauce recipe.
For more information, visit About Holly or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Ground Beef Dip Recipe For Incredibly Flavored Easy Meaty Italian Dip - January 19, 2017
- Easy Recipes For Cancer Patients -5-Ingredient Simple Baked Chicken - January 17, 2017
- Quick Chili Recipe – 10-Ingredient + 10 Minutes for BEST Meat Chili - January 16, 2017