Transition from Summer to Fall with My Best Quinoa Salad Recipes
Ease into Fall from Summer with my best quinoa salad recipes. If quinoa isn’t in your pantry, then it should be! A grain-like seed high in protein and low in fat – also contains iron and fiber – this tasty little seed is a vegetarian’s dream and goes great with just about anything. For healthy flavors of both seasons, try my Festive Quinoa Salad from my arthritis cookbook! Add quinoa to tart dried cranberries combine with mellow cucumbers, fresh mint and a zingy yet easy dressing – and you have a delicious cold quinoa salad recipe not to be missed. Vegetarian, gluten free and diabetic friendly, not to mention so tasty, this dish will please just about anyone!
Festive Quinoa Salad from Holly Clegg’s Eating Well to Fight Arthritis cookbook
Fresh ingredients like cucumber and mint join hearty quinoa, tart cranberries and crunchy almonds for an energizing colorful combination. I think you’ll think this is one of the best quinoa salad recipes.
Makes 5 (1-cup) servings
1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained well
2 cups water
1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
1 1/2 cups diced peeled cucumber
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1/4 cup coarsely chopped almonds, toasted
1/4 cup dried cranberries
2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
Salt and pepper to taste
- In medium pot, combine quinoa and water. Bring to boil, cover, and reduce heat. Simmer 10-15 minutes. Cool.
- In small bowl, whisk together white balsamic vinegar, lime juice, olive oil, mustard, and Italian seasoning; set aside.
- In large bowl, combine quinoa, cucumber, onion, almonds, cranberries and mint. Pour dressing over quinoa mixture, tossing gently. Season to taste.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 225, Calories from Fat 29%, Fat 7g, Saturated Fat 1g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 72mg, Carbohydrates 34g, Dietary Fiber 4g, Total Sugars 10g, Protein 7g, Dietary Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1 fat
This is one of the best quinoa salad recipes but I also have more delicious healthy quinoa recipes you are going to love my Chicken Stew with Butternut Squash!
For more information, visit About Holly or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Easy Muffuletta Salad Recipe -Jazzed Up Amazing Muffuletta Pasta Salad - February 20, 2017
- Easy Chicken and Dumplings Recipe with Rotisserie Chicken & Bisquick - February 19, 2017
- EASY Muffuletta Sandwich Recipe – 4-Ingredient Italian Mini Muffuletta Recipe - February 16, 2017