Healthy Easy Weeknight Dinner Blackened Chicken Recipe
Are you are looking for a new healthy chicken recipe to add to your nightly meal plan? Look no further than my trim and terrific Cajun Blackened Chicken recipe from the Gulf Coast Favorites cookbook! I love healthy easy recipes and this one does not disappoint. If you are not familiar with Blackening, it refers to the cooking method of using a hot skillet to produce a slightly burnt-looking, dark-brown exterior to your food with a moist interior. It originated from Chef Paul Prudhomme’s New Orleans restaurant and blackening has since become a favorite prepared worldwide. Blackening is a quick way to keep your food moist and juicy. This blackened chicken breast recipe has been our family favorite.
Blackening Makes Diabetic Friendly Dinner Without Added Fat-Blackened Chicken Breast Recipe
And don’t fret, as my trim and terrific blackening approach will have your mouth dancing with flavor without the added fat that usually characterizes this Cajun blackened chicken recipe of amazing blends of seasoning and loads of melted butter. This cooking method is a perfect way to eat low fat, diabetic-friendly meals without missing any flavor. Because of the crispy crust of seasonings that forms when searing in the juices of a blackened dish – no added butter needed!
Holly Clegg’s Trim & Terrific Gulf Coast Favorites: Over 250 easy recipes from my Louisiana KitchenVremi 4 Piece Spatula Set – Colorful Silicone Rubber Baking Spatulas Nonstick BPA Free Dishwasher Safe –Vremi Kitchen Shears and Herb Scissors Set – Heavy Duty Easy Function Come Apart Multipurpose
Cajun Blackened Chicken Breast Recipe Is Our Family Favorite
Holly Clegg’s Trim & Terrific Gulf Coast Favorites
Do you like healthy Cajun recipes? You’ll love my Gulf Coast Favorite cookbook because this book includes your favorite Louisiana healthy easy recipes for everyday cooking!
This quick spicy Blackened Chicken recipe is the perfect solution to a simple dinner the whole family will love. A hint of sweet brown sugar and spicy chili powder makes this dish a guaranteed hit any way you serve them! Serve over pasta or rice for an entree, or serve the blackened chicken tenders alone as an appetizer with the sauce on the side.
Blackened Chicken Tenders from Holly Clegg’s Gulf Coast Favorites cookbook
Makes 4 servings
2 tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon light brown sugar
1 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 green bell pepper, cored and chopped
1 red bell pepper, cored and chopped
1 cup chopped red onion
1 (5-ounce) can evaporated skim milk
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1. In large resealable bag, combine paprika, chili powder, brown sugar, pepper, salt. Add chicken, shake to coat.
2. In large nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, heat olive oil over medium heat, then sauté chicken 5–7 minutes or until browned and done. Remove to a plate.
3. In same skillet, add green pepper, red pepper, onion, scraping bits from bottom of pan. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until tender.
4. Add evaporated milk, stirring for one minute or until heated and bubbly. Serve chicken with sauce, sprinkle with green onions, if desired.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 299, Calories from fat (%) 19, Fat (g) 6, Saturated Fat (g) 1, Cholesterol (mg) 100, Sodium (mg) 472, Carbohydrate (g) 16, Dietary Fiber (g) 4, Sugars (g) 10, Protein (g) 44, Diabetic Exchanges: 1 carbohydrate, 6 very lean meat
Find more easy healthy chicken breast recipes on the blog!
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Mediterranean Chicken Salad Recipe with Chicken & Chic Ingredients - June 27, 2017
- Hamburger Cake Recipe – Burger Cake Dessert Wows Fox & Friends - June 26, 2017
- The Best Healthy Chicken Salad Recipe to Fight Inflammation - June 21, 2017