Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe Great Soup for a crowd
Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe is a great soup to serve a large group. It is also eating healthy! I spoke in Clinton, LA (had so MUCH FUN) for 100 people. Of course, we served lunch from my cookbooks for healthy cooking. Everyone loved the menu because all the recipes were healthy easy recipes! They served my Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe in my Gulf Coast cookbook/ I had two bowls between signing books because I even think this recipe is so good. If you know me I love healthy cooking and never want to miss a meal. I had to share this recipe with you on my healthy cooking blog.
Best of white chili and tortilla soup
The reason this recipe is one of the best Chicken Tortilla Soup as it is a cross between a white chili and tortilla soup–best of both worlds! This recipe is a thicker, chunkier soup with corn and beans. I always serve my soup with condiments. I always top it with cheese, avocados, and tortilla strips. When you can’t decide what to prepare for dinner, pick up a rotisserie chicken and you probably have the other ingredients in your pantry. Serve for the Super Bowl Game!
Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe from Holly Clegg trim&TERRIFIC Gulf Coast Favorites
Leftover chicken (Rotisserie chicken), southwestern seasonings and canned broth quickly turn into a mouth-watering one-pot meal. A cross between White Chicken Chili and Tortilla Soup, this chunky chicken tortilla soup recipe is filled with beans, corn, and southwestern flair.
4 (6-8-inch) flour tortillas, cut into 1/4-inch strips
1 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips (4 cups cooked)
1 (28-ounce) can chopped tomatoes with juice
6 cups fat-free chicken broth
1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
1 (16-ounce) package frozen corn
1 (15 1/2-ounce) can Great Northern or navy white beans, drained and rinsed
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican-blend or Cheddar cheese
1 small avocado, peeled and diced
1. Preheat oven 350°F. Place tortilla strips on baking sheet and bake 10-15 minutes, or until crisp. Set aside.
2. In nonstick pot coated with nonstick cooking spray, sauté onion and garlic over medium heat until tender, about 7 minutes.
3. Add chicken and continue cooking until chicken is done, about 5-7 minutes. Add tomatoes with juice, broth, green chilies, corn, beans, lime juice, cumin, and chili powder. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer about 10-15 minutes.
4. Serve soup topped with tortilla strips, green onions, cheese, and avocado.
Makes 13 (1-cup) servings
Calories from fat 17%
Fat 4 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 37 mg
Sodium 571 mg
Dietary Fiber 5 | Sugars 4 | Protein 20 g
1 1/2 starch | 2 very lean meat
For more information, visit www.hollyclegg.com or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- How to Serve Safe Food – Terrific Tailgate Tips - October 19, 2016
- Sweet Potato Skin Appetizers – For Football Tailgate Party - October 17, 2016
- Simple Baked Chicken – Eat Protein for Chemotherapy Diet-Cancer Treatment - October 16, 2016