Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe Crowd Pleasing Soup!
Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe is a great soup when you have extras to feed and when you’re goal is eating healthy, you are in luck. I spoke in Clinton, LA (had so MUCH FUN) for 100 people. Of course, we served lunch from my cookbooks for healthy cooking and everyone loved the my menu of healthy easy recipes! They served my Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe in my Gulf Coast cookbook I had two bowls between signing books because I even think this recipe is too good to miss. I love Chicken Tortilla Soup and I never want to miss a meal. I couldn’t wait to share this recipe with you on my healthy cooking blog.
Best of Chicken Chili and Tortilla Soup with Chunky Chili Flavor
The reason this recipe is one of the best Chicken Tortilla Soup as it is a cross between a white chili and tortilla soup–best of both worlds! This recipe is a thicker, chunkier soup with corn and beans. I always serve my soup with condiments. I always top it with cheese, avocados, and tortilla strips. Can’t decide what to prepare for dinner? Pick up a rotisserie chicken and you probably have the other ingredients in your pantry. Serve for the Super Bowl Game!
Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe from Holly Clegg trim&TERRIFIC Gulf Coast Favorites
Leftover chicken (Rotisserie chicken), southwestern seasonings and canned broth quickly turn into a mouth-watering one-pot meal. A cross between White Chicken Chili and Tortilla Soup, this chunky chicken tortilla soup recipe is filled with beans, corn, and southwestern flair.
Makes 13 (1-cup) servings
4 (6-8-inch) flour tortillas, cut into 1/4-inch strips
1 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips (4 cups cooked)
1 (28-ounce) can chopped tomatoes with juice
6 cups fat-free chicken broth
1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
1 (16-ounce) package frozen corn
1 (15 1/2-ounce) can Great Northern or navy white beans, drained and rinsed
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican-blend or Cheddar cheese
1 small avocado, peeled and diced
1. Preheat oven 350°F. Place tortilla strips on baking sheet and bake 10-15 minutes or until crisp. Set aside.
2. In nonstick pot coated with nonstick cooking spray, sauté onion and garlic over medium heat until tender, about 7 minutes.
3. Add chicken and continue cooking until chicken is done, about 5-7 minutes. Add tomatoes with juice, broth, green chilies, corn, beans, lime juice, cumin, and chili powder. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer about 10-15 minutes.
4. Serve soup topped with tortilla strips, green onions, cheese, and avocado.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 209 Calories from Fat 17% Fat 4g, Saturated Fat 2g, Cholesterol 37mg Sodium 571mg Carbohydrates 24g Dietary Fiber 5g Total Sugars 4g, Protein 20g, Dietary Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 2 lean meat
For more information, visit About Holly or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Fabulous Meat Dip Recipe -Have You Made My Hearty, Easy Meaty Italian Dip? - January 19, 2017
- Easy Recipes For Cancer Patients -5-Ingredient Simple Baked Chicken - January 17, 2017
- Quick Chili Recipe – 10-Ingredient + 10 Minutes for BEST Meat Chili - January 16, 2017