Chocolate Cola Cake Recipe So EASY
Chocolate Cola Cake recipe from my cookbook, Too Hot in the Kitchen,recipe makes a super moist cake with chocolate icing poured on top. Melt in your mouth goodness! It might be one of my very favorite chocolate cakes! Need a easy, make ahead, absolutely delicious recipe? I immediately turn to my fun and 30 minute recipe cookbook, Too Hot in the Kitchen, for my favorite and oh-so-easy Chocolate Cola Cake.
People Who Have my cookook Too Hot in the Kitchen Absolutely Love the Recipes
This recipe is made in a oblong baking pan. However, sometimes I make it in a 15x11x2-inch baking pan to serve a crowd. It’s a not as high a cake but soo good and almost like a cake brownie. You don’t even need a mixer and I promise this chocolate coca cola cake recipe you can whip up in minutes. So, be sure to keep these ingredients in your house all the time for a last minute chocolate craving.
Fabulous Chocolate Cola Cake recipe a guaranteed hit!
You know I can’t show up without food! I don’t mind ever making these brownies/cake because not only are they simple to whip up, but the best part is I get to eat a few hot out of the oven! And if you have to bring dessert for lots of people, this makes a big pan. It is a cross between a brownie and cake; and always a talked about recipe. Whenever you hear I have to bring a dessert to a meeting, a sample to a book signing event, this is usually my recipe of choice. After all, I have decided CHOCOLATE speaks!
Also, this chocolate cola cake recipe is the recipe that I used in my diet coke southern promotion several years ago that I wouldn’t give out. It was all the rage. I would go on TV with the chocolate cake and say the recipes was inside the carton of Coke products. Can you imagine how many cartons of Coke products were sold JUST FOR THE CHOCOLATE COLA CAKE RECIPE!! I have so many people that still treasure that recipe so that’s why I just had to share it with you! I also love it because the recipe makes a large pan which serves a lot of people. Let me know what you think? So, now the secret is out and you have the recipe too!!
Chocolate Cola Cake from my Too Hot in the Kitchen
I participated in a regional diet coke promotion and this recipe was all the rage each year so I am excited to share it with you.
Makes 60-70 squares
1/3 cup canola oil
1 3/4 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup diet cola
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
Cola Chocolate Icing (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven 350°F. Coat 15x10x1-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In mixing bowl, beat together oil, sugar, egg and vanilla until creamy. In another bowl, mix together cola and buttermilk; set aside.
- In small bowl, combine flour, cocoa, and baking soda; set aside. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture alternately with cola mixture, mixing only until just blended. Stir in miniature marshmallows.
- Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake 12-15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven, and immediately pour Cola Chocolate Icing (see recipe) on top of cake and carefully spread. Cool to room temperature, cut into squares.
Cola Chocolate Icing
This icing hardens on cake-delicious.
6 tablespoons butter
1 (16-ounce) box
1/3 cup diet cola
1/4 cup cocoa
1 (16-ounce) box confectioners sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In medium pot, combine butter, cola, and cocoa, bring to boil. Remove from heat, and add confectioners sugar and vanilla, mixing until smooth. Icing will thicken.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 84 Calories from fat 24% Fat 2g Saturated Fat 1g Cholesterol 6mg Sodium 29mg Carbohydrate 16g Dietary Fiber 0g Sugars 12g Protein 1g Dietary Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate, 1/2 fat
Spicy Advice: For cakes like squares, make in 13x9x2-inch pan, bake 30-35 minutes.
If you love this recipe then you are DEFINITELY going to want to try my Chocolicious Peanut Butter Dessertt!!!
Check out my easy chocolate recipes.
For more information, visit About Holly or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Easy Red Velvet Trifle -Tips & Trifles For Holiday Dessert Party Recipes - December 7, 2016
- Marinated Shrimp Recipe – Best Holiday Shrimp and Artichoke Recipe - December 5, 2016
- Fresh Cranberry Recipes -What To Make with Fresh Cranberries? - December 3, 2016