Cranberry Bread Recipe: Craving Cranberries
When I start to see bags of fresh cranberries in the grocery store, I think about my cranberry bread. It gets me excited about the holiday season. Then, I start thinking about all my delicious fresh cranberry recipes. Yes, I make this quick bread recipe year round, however, I do think fresh cranberry recipes are the very best! I do usually buy fresh cranberries when in season and freeze so I have them year round. They freeze up to one year. Fresh cranberries are so versatile as I love them in quick breads, cakes, garnish or for decorative touches with flowers
Seasonal Fresh Cranberry Recipes like My Cranberry Bread Make Great Homemade Gifts
As you have seen, I love to make quick breads and I especially like this recipe for Cranberry Nut Oatmeal Bread from my cookbook, KITCHEN 101. If you know me, you also know I love oatmeal in breads, cookies, desserts and even in quick bread. The oatmeal gives the bread a great texture and flavor, the cranberries add tartness and there’s just enough sweetness. I always chop my cranberries in the food processor. Did you know that cranberries freeze up to one year so buy when in season to freeze year round. I made homemade gifts on Holly’s Holiday Countdown on WBRZ and wow, was it a hit!.
Make Ahead Tips for Homemade Bread Gifts
Seasonal quick breads like my Cranberry Oatmeal Nut Bread make the best gifts for friends, neighbors, teachers and doctors. Everyone always appreciates homemade food! As you have heard me say:
• Make ahead and freeze
• Make breads in miniature loaf pans
• Give an assortment of breads wrapped together and tied with a ribbon.
• Take advantage of fresh cranberries this time of year to make your breads seasonalWatch
My YouTube Video with Homemade Gift Ideas
Cranberry Nut Oatmeal Bread from KITCHEN 101
This festive sweet and tart oatmeal grainy bread uses the whole bag of cranberries. I always hated a small amount
of cranberries left in a bag so great for fresh cranberry recipes! Give this cranberry bread a to bring to that special teacher, neighbor, and loved ones this holiday season! Freezes well!
Makes 16 slices
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/3 cup canola oil
1/2 cup skim milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (12-ounce) package fresh cranberries, chopped
2/3 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven 350°F. Coat 9x5x 3-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and oatmeal.
3. In large bowl, mix together honey, brown sugar, oil, eggs, milk and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture until moistened. Stir in cranberries and pecans.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 40-45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Nutritional info per serving: Calories 244, Calories from Fat 33%, Fat 9g, Saturated Fat 1g, Cholesterol 23mg, Sodium 119mg, Carbohydrates 37g, Dietary Fiber 2g, Total Sugars 17g, Protein 5g, Dietary Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 other carbohydrate, 1 1/2 fat
SHOP ON MY WEBSITE WITH TRIM25 for 25% Off NOW
For more information, visit About Holly or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Fresh Cranberry Recipes -What To Make with Fresh Cranberries? - December 3, 2016
- Recipes Using Spice Cake Mix – BEST EVER Easy Yam Chocolate Spice Bars - December 2, 2016
- Mango Chutney Spread Recipe -6 Ingredient Sweet, Spicy & Salty Dip - December 1, 2016