Crawfish King Cake Recipe is OMG Delicious! Have you ever made my Easy King Cake with Cream Cheese Filling from Gulf Coast Favorites? This recipe is one of my most popular recipes on my healthy food blog. I am SO EXCITED!! I created a delicious savory king cake with a cream cheese Louisiana crawfish filling and this recipe is one of the best Louisiana and easy crawfish recipes ever! If you enjoy stuffed crawfish bread and always looking for easy crawfish recipes, my new crawfish recipe is like hitting the ball out of the park! Best of all this is a healthy crawfish recipe for king cake! Love Lousisiana recipes–Gulf Coast Favorites Cookbook includes all of the recipes easier and healthier. Just like my popular HEALTHY easy Crawfish Etouffee recipe. I specialize in crawfish recipes and you can find lots of them on the crawfish website.
How to Make Healthy Easy Crawfish Recipes and BEST Crawfish King Cake Recipe
My Healthy Crawfish King Cake Filling Great for Crawfish Stuffed Bread Too!
I kept the recipe simple by using reduced-fat crescent rolls and even included the beloved cream cheese filling flavored with onion, bell pepper, and garlic. I am known for my healthy easy recipes and this delicious Crawfish King Cake recipe fits into that recipe profile. Just the right amount of reduced-fat cream cheese combined with Louisiana crawfish tails baked inside the crescent roll circle and topped with Mardi Gras colored Parmesan cheese makes the most delectable recipe ever. The filling can be used for Stuffed Crawfish bread to fill French Bread.
Guess How I Made Mardi Gras Colored Topping for My Crawfish King Cake?
Crawfish King Cake from Gulf Coast Favorites cookbook (adapted)
My simple savory king cake starts with crescent rolls and filled with a scrumptious creamy crawfish filling topped with Mardi Gras colored cheese representing the traditional king cake colors. My Mardi Gras King Cake with Cream Cheese Filling from Gulf Coast Favorites is my sweet favorite and this Mardi Gras Crawfish King Cake is my savory favorite of easy crawfish recipes! Known as the crescent roll king cake, now you have a sweet and a savory version. Not sure which is the best!
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped red or green bell pepper
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 cup Louisiana crawfish tails, drained and rinsed
1/3 cup chopped green onion
3 tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese
2 (8-ounce) cans reduced-fat crescent rolls
Mardi Gras Topping (see recipe)
1. Preheat oven 350°F. Coat 10-inch round pizza pan lined with foil with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, sauté onion, red pepper and garlic until tender. Add crawfish, green onion and cream cheese, stirring until creamy. Remove from heat.
3. Separate crescent rolls at perforations, into 16 slices. Place slices around prepared pan with points in the center. About halfway down from points, press seams together.
4. Spread crawfish mixture on dough in the center where seams have been pressed together. Sprinkle with cheese. Fold dough points over filling, then fold bottom of triangle over points forming circular roll like king cake.
5. Bake about 20–25 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with Mardi Gras Topping (see recipe).
Mardi Gras Topping
6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Yellow, green, red, and blue food coloring
1. In three small bowls, divide cheese. First bowl, add few drops yellow food coloring. Next bowl, add few drops green food coloring. Last bowl, add equal amounts of red and blue food coloring (to create purple).
2. Sprinkle cheese over baked king cake. Return to oven 1-2 minutes or until cheese melted.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 136, Calories from fat 46%, Fat 7g, Saturated Fat 2g, Cholesterol 26mg, Sodium 317mg, Carbohydrate 15g, Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 3g, Protein 6g, Dietary Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 lean meat, 1 fat
Having a Mardi Gras Party? Here’s a great Mardi Gras menu! Shop on my site with LA25 for 25% off Gulf Coast Favorites cookbook and cookbooks will be autogrpahed.
Scoop on Louisiana Crawfish
For more information, visit About Holly or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Best Chicken Breast Recipe – Spicy Glazed Chicken - March 28, 2017
- March Madness Recipes with Glen Big Baby Davis – Healthy Hamburger Dip - March 27, 2017
- Multiple Myeloma Cancer Diet -What Is Multiple Myeloma and What to Eat? - March 27, 2017