Easy Chicken and Dumplings Recipe With My Favorite Two Shortcuts!
Here’s my go-to easy Chicken and Dumplings recipe when anyone wants comfort food. With the Rapid Rotisserie Chicken Chapter in KITCHEN 101, I make this wonderful, scrumptious creamy chicken and dumplings recipe in minutes instead of hours. You can find many homemade chicken and dumplings recipes but this recipe with Bisquick and Rotisserie chicken is such a quick chicken and dumplings recipe! This classic was always a family favorite, but now it is one of my favorites with this simple version. This also makes a healthy chicken and dumplings recipe. Use reduced sodium broth for diabetic chicken and dumplings recipe! KITCHEN 101 simplifies even Chicken and Dumplings.with 10 ingredients and shortcuts.
Easy Chicken and Dumplings Recipe from Rapid Rotisserie Chicken Chapter in KITCHEN 101
With rotisserie chicken, canned broth and drop dumplings, my easy recipe becomes an effortless one-dish meal.
Makes 8 (1-cup) servings
1 onion, chopped
1 1/2 cups baby carrots
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
6 cups fat-free chicken broth, divided
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
2 cups chopped skinless rotisserie chicken breast
2 cups biscuit baking mix
2/3 cup skim milk
1. In large nonstick pot coated with nonstick cooking spray, sauté onion, carrots, and garlic over medium heat until tender.
2. In small cup, stir flour and 1/3 cup chicken broth, mixing until smooth. Gradually add flour mixture and remaining broth to pot; bring to boil. Add thyme and chicken.
3. In bowl, stir together biscuit baking mix and milk. Drop the mixture by spoonfuls into boiling broth.
4. Return to boil, reduce heat, and cook, covered, carefully stirring occasionally, 15-20 minutes or until dumplings are done. Season to taste. If soup is too thick, add more chicken broth.
Nutritional info per serving:
Calories 218, Calories from Fat 23%, Fat 6g, Saturated Fat 1g, Cholesterol 32mg, Sodium 1207mg, Carbohydrates 28g, Dietary Fiber 2g, Total Sugars 4g, Protein 15g, Dietary Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 1/2 lean meat
Terrific Tip: A short-cut for dumplings: cut flaky biscuits into fourths and drop into boiling broth or you can even use flour tortillas cut into fourths. You can slice carrots — but I find baby carrots a time-saver.
If you liked this Easy Chicken and Dumplings recipe, you’ll love my simple Pulled Chicken!
For more information, visit About Holly or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Best Chicken Breast Recipe – Spicy Glazed Chicken - March 28, 2017
- March Madness Recipes with Glen Big Baby Davis – Healthy Hamburger Dip - March 27, 2017
- Multiple Myeloma Cancer Diet -What Is Multiple Myeloma and What to Eat? - March 27, 2017