Easy Fruit Pizza Recipe Delicious For All Ages
Summertime entertaining should be easy and fun, and kids of all ages will love to dig in to this easy fruit pizza recipe! What is better on a warm summer day than fresh seasonal fruit? I always turn to my trim&TERRIFIC cookbooks for easy and picture-perfect recipes. Tropical Fruit Pizza is a great way to enjoy all that this season has to offer. Be creative and substitute yours or your family’s favorite fruits. Kids will have so much fun arranging the sliced fruit on the easy fruit pizza recipe. Kids and adults, alike will come running to this fantastic tropical decadence. You will love these light desserts in Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC Eating Well to Fight Arthritis cookbook.
Tropical Fruit Pizza topping ingredients
Tropical Fruit Dessert Pizza from Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC Eating Well to Fight Arthritis
Easy and picture-perfect tropical decadence with seasonal fruit.
Makes 12 servings
1 (16.5-ounce) roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1/3 cup sugar
1 (8-ounce) package fat-free cream cheese
1 teaspoon coconut extract
1 1/2 teaspoons grated orange rind
1 cup fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
1 (11-ounce) can mandarin orange segments, drained
1/2 cup canned or fresh pineapple chunks, drained
1/4 cup jarred or fresh mango slices, drained
1/4 cup apricot preserves
1 tablespoon orange liqueur or orange juice
2 tablespoons coconut, toasted, optional
- Preheat oven 350°F. Coat 12-14-inch pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Press cookie dough into prepared pan. Bake 12 minutes, cool.
- In mixing bowl, blend together sugar, cream cheese, and coconut extract until mixed. Stir in orange rind and whipped topping, mixing until smooth. Carefully spread cream cheese mixture on top of cooled crust.
- Arrange strawberry slices around edge of pizza. Next, arrange ring of mandarin orange segments around edge. Then, arrange pineapple chunks in another ring and then mango slices inside to fill center of pizza.
- In microwave-safe dish, microwave apricot preserves and orange liqueur just until blended, about 30 seconds. Spoon glaze over fruit. Sprinkle with toasted coconut, if desired. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 270, Calories from Fat 27%, Fat 8g, Saturated Fat 2g, Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 305mg, Carbohydrates 43g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Total Sugars 25g, Protein 5g, Dietary Exchanges: 3 other carbohydrate, 2 fat
Terrific Tidbit: Go ahead and grate more orange rind than you’ll need for the recipe — you can grate a whole orange or lemon and freeze the rind in a plastic freezer bag until needed. Or, you can purchase dried orange rind in spice section of grocery. Substitute your favorite fruits.
Check out more of Holly’s easy, healthy desserts.
For more information, visit www.hollyclegg.com or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- How to Serve Safe Food – Terrific Tailgate Tips - October 19, 2016
- Sweet Potato Skin Appetizers – For Football Tailgate Party - October 17, 2016
- Simple Baked Chicken – Eat Protein for Chemotherapy Diet-Cancer Treatment - October 16, 2016