Take Advantage of Seasonal Ingredients
Eggnog is seasonal so this is a recipe that tops my holiday baking list. Did you know you can now buy light eggnog helping to keep my cake trim and terrific! The light version still has rich creamy flavor, but without all the fat–give it a try and I always use the light version in this simple Bundt Cake. Look for decorative Bundt pans to even make this cake more festive. Also, the cake freezes well so you can make it ahead of time.
Sugar and Spice is Everything Nice
During the holidays I keep these ingredients on hand to whip up this Bundt cake for a quick dessert, or if I need to bring dessert to someone’s house. Starting with a spice cake mix, butterscotch chips, instant pudding, eggnog, yogurt and a few other ingredients, you really can make this recipe in no time at all.
Eggnog Spice Bundt Cake from Too Hot in the Kitchen
Each bite of this amazing moist cake melts in your mouth. Spice and everything nice makes this a holiday hit.
Makes 16 serving
1 (18 ¼-ounce) box spice cake mix
1 (4-serving) box instant cheesecake pudding and pie filling
1 cup vanilla or eggnog nonfat yogurt
1/4 cup canola oil
1 cup light eggnog
3 egg whites
1 cup butterscotch chips, optional
1/3 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven 350° F. Coat nonstick Bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding, yogurt, oil, eggnog, egg, and egg whites, mixing until creamy.
3. Stir in butterscotch chips and pecans. Pour in prepared pan and bake 40-45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted comes out clean.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 256 Calories from fat 39% Fat 12g Saturated Fat 4g Cholesterol 16mg Sodium 268mg Carbohydrate 36g Dietary Fiber 0g Sugars 25g Protein 4g Dietary Exchanges: 2 1/2 other carbohydrate, 2 fat
For more information, visit www.hollyclegg.com or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Football Centerpieces Easy and Affordable Plus 3 Top Tailgating Recipes - September 21, 2016
- Best Quinoa Salad Recipes – Summer to Fall - September 20, 2016
- Easy Remoulade Sauce Recipe Delicious with Louisiana Crawfish - September 13, 2016