Healthy Halloween Food to Keep Nutrition Fun!
Yes, you can have easy healthy recipes and still enjoy healthy Halloween food. Halloween is a fun festive holiday for kids of all ages. But, it can be difficult to navigate the extra candy and sweets at every turn. Moderation is key but how about a few options to substitute those high sugar treats. Here are a few healthy tips to keep your Halloween full of treats without the tricks!
- Make sure there is a healthy option at the party you are attending by offering to bring the veggie platter – get creative and lay the chopped veggies in the shape of a spooky skeleton – bell pepper strips as ribs, celery stalks as limbs, sliced mushrooms has hips….
- These days there are so many options of toys and trinkets to buy in bulk and hand out on healthy Halloween food – plastic spider rings, fun temporary tattoos – I still love the idea that my elderly neighbors growing up always gave us a roll of pennies!
Easy Healthy Halloween Recipes for Your Kid’s Lunch
- Bringing a snack or treat to your child’s class? Simply pick up a bag of easy-to-peel seedless, seasonal Satsuma’s and draw an easy little jack-o-lantern on the peel with a black permanent marker – also, can do the same with single serve fruit bowls.
- Have fun with healthy Halloween food in school lunches or evening meals this month – easily turn that plain grilled cheese or quesadilla into a fun jack-o-lantern face with a few easy cuts.
- Peanut butter, whole grain bread, carrot sticks and raisins turn into a fun kid spider sandwich snack in minutes! And go ahead and make a Slice and Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake spider web while you’re at it!
Check out more Halloween fun for all ages!
For more information, visit About Holly or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Easy Homemade Teacher Gift Ideas – 4-Ingredient Margarita Salt Body Scrub - December 9, 2016
- Inexpensive Homemade Christmas Gifts – Mouthwatering Quick Breads - December 9, 2016
- Easy Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe in Bread Bowl -Diabetic Spinach Dip - December 8, 2016