Halloween is a Real Treat with Jack O Latern Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Make your Halloween themed food fun and yummy without being full of sugar and fat. Jack O Lantern Grilled Cheese Sandwich makes a fun, festive and kid friendly! Full of calcium and whole wheat fiber, this recipe makes a great after school snack or light mealT Try pairing with a delicious bowl of warm soup for a fun cool weather meal! Look at the ingredient list and be sure to choose bread that begins with ‘whole wheat’ as the first ingredient to ensure optimum nutrition. Remember you can adjust the cheese to your preference and create your favorite Jack O Lantern Grilled cheese sandwich. You’ll enjoy all my easy kid-friendly healthy recipes in my trim & terrific cookbooks
Fun Creative Children’s Halloween Ideas
This recipe doubles as an activity for older children to enjoy ‘carving’ their own Jack O lantern face. And, keeping with the Halloween theme, get creative and gather clear glasses and vases to fill with candy corn and pumpkin candies for fun table-scape decorations that will surely not go to waste! I love letting the kids cook with me. Watch how quick they eat the food they make themselves. Such pride in their faces as they take a bite from their sandwich.
Jack O Lantern Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Year-round turn your Jack O latern grilled cheese into a “face” sandwich, and in the fall it becomes the ideal Halloween sandwich.
Makes 1 Jack O Lantern grilled cheese sandwich
2 slices dark bread (pumpernickel or dark whole wheat)
1 slice reduced-fat American cheese
1. On one slice of bread, cut out a jack-o’-lantern face. Place slice of cheese on an uncut slice of bread
2. Broil or toast in oven until cheese is melted. Remove from oven, and top with cut slice of bread.
Nutritional information per serving Calories 181, Protein (g) 10, Carbohydrate (g) 27, Fat (g) 5, Calories from Fat (%) 22, Saturated Fat (g) 2, Dietary Fiber (g) 3, Cholesterol (mg) 10, Sodium (mg) 683 Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 2 starch
For more information, visit About Holly or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Easy Muffuletta Salad Recipe -Jazzed Up Amazing Muffuletta Pasta Salad - February 20, 2017
- Easy Chicken and Dumplings Recipe with Rotisserie Chicken & Bisquick - February 19, 2017
- EASY Muffuletta Sandwich Recipe – 4-Ingredient Italian Mini Muffuletta Recipe - February 16, 2017