Ooey Gooey Bars Recipe Guaranteed Hit!
Whether you are cheering your favorite sport, or entertaining a crowd on Halloween, this is the sweet treat you want! My Ooey Gooey Bars recipe from KITCHEN 101 (my easiest cookbook!) tops the list and all you have to do is just add orange (yellow and red) food coloring to the cream cheese layer! Then, you have the perfect easy Halloween treat!
Is it a cookie, is it a brownie? Its both and it will melt in your mouth! Definitely my family’s all-time favorite. My pantry stocking tip would be to keep these ingredients on hand at all times to whip them up at a moment’s notice. Whenever I needed to bring a treat, I can count on having these ingredients in my pantry to whip these yummy squares up in no time and all.
Ooey Gooey Bars Recipe Perfect Football Tailgating to Cocktail Parties
No matter what the occasion is, these rich gooey butter cake bars that start with a cake mix, always get all the attention! I have had cocktail parties for judges at my home and it is almost embarrassing as my Ooey Gooey Bars from KITCHEN 101 is all the rage, beating out much more time consuming desserts! I am serious!!! Young and old alike, love these delicious treats. In fact, I made them not long ago to bring to the hospital when someone was there and the nurses couldn’t get enough!
Ooey Gooey Bars with Dark Chocolate Chips
I thought this recipe couldn’t get any better and then I used dark chocolate chips. YUM! The cream cheese filling with dark chocolate chips is about the best you can get! I do admit whenever I make this recipe, I ALWAYS cut a piece hot out of the oven even thought it might be messy. But, it is soooooooo good!
Ooey Gooey Squares from KITCHEN 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence
This recipe has probably been my most requested and all-time favorite bar cookie for all ages. Best of all, it’s so easy and quick.
Makes 48 squares
1 (18.25-ounce) box yellow cake mix
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 tablespoon water
1 (8-ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese
1 (16-ounce) box confectioners’ sugar
2 egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven 350° F. Coat 13x9x2-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In mixing bowl, beat together cake mix, butter, egg, and water until well mixed. Spread batter into prepared pan.
3. In mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, egg whites, and vanilla. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour this mixture over batter in pan.
4. Bake 40-50 minutes or until top is golden brown. Cool to room temperature and cut into squares.
Nutritional info per serving: Calories 138, Calories from Fat 36%, Fat 6g, Saturated Fat 3g, Cholesterol 13mg, Sodium 112mg, Carbohydrates 21g, Dietary Fiber 0g, Total Sugars 17g, Protein 2g, Dietary Exchanges: 1 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
You’ll love ALL my favorite easy, healthier desserts
For more information, visit About Holly or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Oscar Party Food Recipes To Watch Academy Awards with Winning Easy Menu - February 24, 2017
- Easy Muffuletta Salad Recipe -Jazzed Up Amazing Muffuletta Pasta Salad - February 20, 2017
- Easy Chicken and Dumplings Recipe with Rotisserie Chicken & Bisquick - February 19, 2017