Back to School Quick Family Dinner Ideas for the Whole Family
Quick family dinner ideas is what’s on everyone’s mind with the kids going back to school. I have such great back to school recipes that will give you dinner on the table in 30 minutes! With kids back in school and activities back in the swing of things, you need back to school dinner recipes and you need it fast! My trim&TERRIFIC Kitchen 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence cookbook is the perfect solution to your daily dinner dilemma- a must-have resource, helping guide you through the kitchen with easy recipes as well as the basic tools and tips you need to cook healthier.
I couldn’t WAIT to share my family’s favorite for quick family dinner ideas – Simple Southwestern Casserole! Kids and adults alike will enjoy digging in to this delicious meal and you will love how quick and easy they are to prepare – letting nothing stand in your way of a healthy home-cooked meal!
Here’s one of my favorite quick family dinner ideas!
Simple Southwestern Casserole from Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC Kitchen 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence
Zesty, meaty casserole with a biscuit surprise — you will be amazed at how extraordinarily tasty this simple combination is. This recipe has become so popular in my family.
1 pound ground sirloin
1 onion, chopped
1 (10-ounce) can enchilada sauce
1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup frozen corn
1 (8-10 count) can reduced-fat refrigerator biscuits
1 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican blend cheese
1/3 cup chopped green onions
1. Preheat oven 350°F. Coat 13x9x2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In large nonstick skillet, cook meat and onion until meat is done; drain excess fat. Add enchilada sauce, tomato sauce, black beans and corn, stirring well. Cut biscuits into fourths and stir into meat mixture.
3. Transfer to prepared pan. Bake 25 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with cheese and green onions. Return to oven and bake 5-7 minutes more or until cheese is melted.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 257 Calories from Fat 28% Fat 8g Saturated Fat 4g Cholesterol 36mg Sodium 815mg Carbohydrates 27g Dietary Fiber 4g Total Sugars 5g Protein 20g, Dietary Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 2 lean meat
Terrific Tip: Use kitchen scissors to make cutting biscuits easy. Holly’s Back to school busy night recipes
For more information, visit About Holly or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Ground Beef Dip Recipe For Incredibly Flavored Easy Meaty Italian Dip - January 19, 2017
- Easy Recipes For Cancer Patients -5-Ingredient Simple Baked Chicken - January 17, 2017
- Quick Chili Recipe – 10-Ingredient + 10 Minutes for BEST Meat Chili - January 16, 2017