My Super Simple Salsa Recipe Jazzed Up with Avocado and Corn
Instead of buying or picking up salsa, whip up this fabulous heatlhy easy recipe. My simple salsa recipe is just a a combination of opening cans and fresh ingredients. Start with canned tomatoes and add fresh creamy avocados, green onions, and lime juice for fresh easy homemade salsa recipe. Best of all, people think this is a fresh homemade salsa recipe making it one of my favorite simple salsa recipes! We go out for Mexican food, and I think we all love chips and salsa the best! I am an expert on healthy cooking and I don’t want to give up salsa. This awesome recipe for Super Salsa is from Too Hot in the Kitchen cookbook.
Super Salsa from Too Hot in the Kitchen
Open a few cans combined with fresh ingredients for a simple salsa recipe that’s super snazzy! You can make homemade tortilla chips or pick up a bag.
1 (28-ounce) can chopped tomatoes, drained
1 (11-ounce) can Southwestern corn, drained
1 avocado, chopped
1/3 cup chopped green onions
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons finely chopped jarred jalapenos
2 tablespoons lime juice
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, optional
Tortilla Chips (recipe follows)
1. In bowl, combine all ingredients. Serve with homemade Tortilla Chips (see recipe below).
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 47 Calories from fat 36% Fat 2g Saturated Fat 0g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 151mg Carbohydrate 7g Dietary Fiber 2g Sugars 2g Protein 1g Dietary Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
These chips make a great snack and for a variation, sprinkle with your favorite seasonings.
Makes 16 (1 tortilla) servings
16 (6-8-inch) whole wheat or white flour tortillas
1. Preheat oven 425°F. Coat baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Brush each tortilla with water. Cut each tortilla into eight wedges, and place on prepared pan.
3. Bake 3 minutes and turn. Continue baking 3 minutes longer or until crisp.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 73 Calories from fat 0% Fat 2g Saturated Fat 0g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 171mg Carbohydrate 20g Dietary Fiber 2g Sugars 0g Protein 3g Dietary Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch
For more information, visit About Holly or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Top 3 Easy Cinco de Mayo Recipes with BEST Margarita Shrimp Recipe - April 27, 2017
- Easy Oven Fried Chicken Recipe For BEST Crunchy Oven Fried Chicken Breasts - April 24, 2017
- Lemon Blueberry Bread Recipe with Shortcuts Tastes Like Rich Moist Cake - April 22, 2017