Craving soup? Wait until you try my Cream of Spinach Soup!
This Cream of Spinach Soup recipe is from my cancer cookbook is full of vitamin and minerals as well as a good source of fiber. Serve this soup as a light meal, pair with a salad or sandwich a heartier lunch or dinner. What’s great about this recipe as well as the others in my cookbook, the whole family will enjoy the meal!
Spinach Soup Makes Quick One-pot meal
What’s best about a soup is that it can be a one pot dish for easy clean up. Remember soups are usually freezer-friendly and you can make ahead and pull it out of the freezer for an easy meal, quick! I freeze soups in individual portions to pull out whenever I need a quick meal.
Makes 8 (1-cup) servings
1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 small onion, chopped
2 (10 3/4-ounce) cans reduced-fat cream of mushroom soup
1 3/4 cups canned fat-free chicken broth or vegetable broth
2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, cooked according to package directions and drained well
1. In large pot coated with nonstick cooking spray, sauté mushrooms and onion until tender over medium heat 5 minutes.
2. Add soup, chicken broth, spinach, and season to taste, stirring until thoroughly heated. Transfer to food processor or blender to purée.
Nutritional information per serving
Calories 76, Protein (g) 4, Carbohydrate (g) 11, Fat (g) 2, Cal. from Fat (%) 24, Saturated Fat (g) 1, Dietary Fiber (g) 3, Cholesterol (mg) 3, Sodium (mg) 700, Diabetic Exchanges: 0.5 starch, 1 vegetable, 0.5 fat
Mushrooms are a good source of B vitamins, copper and other vitamins. Spinach is a good source of vitamins and rich source of Beta Carotene, protein, and folacin. Folacin is important in the synthesis of DNA, which controls cell function. Folacin acts with B12 to produce red blood cells.
For more information, visit About Holly or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- EASY Muffuletta Sandwich Recipe – 4-Ingredient Italian Mini Muffuletta Recipe - February 16, 2017
- Chicken Quinoa recipes: Chicken Stew with Butternut Squash SO Popular! - February 15, 2017
- Crawfish King Cake Recipe – Easy Louisiana Crawfish Recipes! OMG GOOD! - February 14, 2017