Best Chicken Breast Recipe – Your New Favorite
Look no further for the best chicken breast recipe! With the heat of summer brings the perfect grilling season, and I always look forward to the flavor the grill brings to meats and veggies. Try this outstanding twist on barbecue sauce with Spicy Glazed Chicken-from my Start Simple chapter in KITCHEN 101 will impress guests at your cookout with the exciting and bold flavors and spice – it’s even diabetes friendly!
Grill and Chill – Easy Summer Recipes for Best Chicken Breast Recipe
When grilling out, make sure you chill out with an ice cold Tasty Tropical Smoothie. Breakfast, noon, or night – this anytime refreshing beverage will help you cool down in the hot summer months. And add a little rum if that’s your preference!
Spicy Glazed Chicken from Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC KITCHEN 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence
In the oven or on the grill, this spicy rub with a honey glaze turns chicken into a quick amazing meal.
Makes 4 (4-ounce) servings
1 teaspoon chili powder
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper to taste
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/3 cup honey
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1. Preheat broiler. Cover baking sheet with foil.
2. In small bowl, mix together chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and season to taste. Coat chicken with rub mixture and transfer to prepared pan. Broil 5 minutes on each side (can grill) or until chicken is done.
3. In small bowl, mix honey and vinegar. Turn chicken again and baste or coat with honey mixture, cooking a few minutes or until honey starts to thicken and forms a glaze (may smoke a little).
Nutritional info per serving:
Calories 228, Calories from Fat 13%, Fat 3g, Saturated Fat 1g, Cholesterol 73mg, Sodium 146mg, Carbohydrates 26g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Total Sugars 24g, Protein 25g, Dietary Exchanges: 1 1/2 other carbohydrate, 3 lean meat
Terrific Tip: Don’t buy extra vinegar, whatever you have will work.
If you like this recipe, you’ll love some of my other quick summer recipes!
For more information, visit About Holly or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Easy Muffuletta Salad Recipe -Jazzed Up Amazing Muffuletta Pasta Salad - February 20, 2017
- Easy Chicken and Dumplings Recipe with Rotisserie Chicken & Bisquick - February 19, 2017
- EASY Muffuletta Sandwich Recipe – 4-Ingredient Italian Mini Muffuletta Recipe - February 16, 2017