Best Broiled Trout Recipe
Broiled trout recipe makes a quick seafood dinner. Pecan Trout with Dijon Sauce is an amazing broiled fish recipe. We should include more seafood in our diet. Sometimes, people find fish intimidating so I created this simple broiled fish recipe. You will be a star in your kitchen. I think broiling is a quick preparation and I always line my pan with foil for easy clean up. Fish can also be pan sauteed in a skillet, whichever you prefer.
Easy Pecan Dijon Sauce Turns Broiled Trout Recipe Into An Amazing Dish
You can serve this fish without the sauce but why? This simple Dijon sauce turns a plain broiled trout recipe in to a simple gourmet fish dish. The quick sauce and toasted pecans is prepared in a snap. You can leave off the pecans or even use almonds. I like the crunchy texture with the fish and smooth, creamy sauce. Even though the sauce is only a few ingredients, it makes such a spectacular difference. You can use the broiled trout recipe as a base and add different sauces, topping or just serve with lemon.
Pecan Trout with Dijon Sauce from Gulf Coast Favorites cookbook
Makes 6 serving
6 (4-ounce) trout fillets
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
1/2 cup sliced green onions, optional
1. Season filets with salt and pepper. Arrange fillets in single layer in rectangular baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Top evenly with bread crumbs.
2. Cook under broiler until fish flakes easily when tested with fork. Transfer to serving dish; keep warm.
3. Combine yogurt, mustard, and lemon juice in a small bowl. Spoon 1 tablespoon sauce over hot fish and sprinkle pecans evenly over each fillet. Sprinkle with green onions, if desired. Serve immediately.
Protein (g) 26
Carbohydrate (g) 8
Fat (g) 7
Calories from Fat (%) 32
Saturated Fat (g) 1
Dietary Fiber (g) 1
Cholesterol (mg) 67
Sodium (mg) 246
Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 0.5 starch
Check out my recipes for more seafood recipes.
For more information, visit About Holly or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Diabetic Friendly Desserts – Berry Parfait Tops My Best Berry Desserts - March 23, 2017
- Louisiana Crawfish Jambalaya Recipe- Fast and Fantastic! - March 21, 2017
- How To Eat Healthy On The Run: Restaurants to Homemade Granola Bars Recipe - March 20, 2017