How to Make a Simple Chocolate Peanut Butter Trifle
Chocolate Peanut Butter Trifle is not only an indulgent dessert but it is also the easiest of any chocolate peanut butter desserts. Whether you think of it as a chocolate trifle or one of the easy peanut butter desserts, I couldn’t wait to share this recipe on my healthy food blog. This yummy chocolate peanut butter no bake dessert is from KITCHEN 101 cookbook . You can literally whip up this recipe at last minute. A make-ahead 10 ingredient EASY dessert trifle with layers of angel food cake, rich chocolate pudding, heavenly cream cheese peanut butter filling, Reese’s Peanut Butter cups & whipped topping. YUM!
3 Reasons Trifle Make Super Desserts
- Make ahead dessert-put together your Chocolate Peanut Butter Trifle on your time frame and refrigerate until serving
- Crowd pleasing-trifles can serve a crowd. Depending on the size group you are making it for you can adjust the size of your serving piece or even make in individual servings.
- Easy to Make-my trifles consist of angel food cake, instant puddings, whipped topping and a few other ingredients.
- Presentation-trifles make a showstopper presentation that will impress people
I love this trifle recipe for several reasons. This chocolate trifle makes a statement when you serve it. You can cross dessert off your to do list as you can make the Chocolate Peanut Butter Trifle recipe from KITCHEN 101 which is my easiest cookbook ahead of time. Also, it serves a crowd which is nice when you have a group to feed. You don’t have to use a trifle bowl but I do like to use a glass bowl to highlight the yummy layers. I thought this trifle bowl was really cool as it is a footless trifle bowl with a plastic top, perfect to take a dessert with you on the go! I do admit I LOVE Reese’s peanut butter cups but who doesn’t?
My Chocolate Peanut Butter Trifle is even better for you!
If you look at the ingredients you will see that I have made some adjustments to make this chocolate peanut butter dessert trim and terrific!! I used angel food cake, skim milk with the pudding, reduced fat cream cheese in the peanut butter filling and just a few of the peanut butter cups to give it that taste. The perfect dessert or any time of year— beyond good!
My Chocolate Peanut Butter Trifle recipe is best chocolate peanut butter recipe.
From KITCHEN 101 cookbook This is one of the easiest trifle dessert recipes! Serves a crowd, makes a presentation and is best chocolate trifle recipe ever! — beyond good!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Trifle from Trim and Terrific KITCHEN 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence
Makes 20 (2/3- cup) servings
2 (4-serving) boxes instant chocolate fudge pudding and pie filling mix
3 1/2 cups skim milk
1 (14-16-ounce) bought angel food cake, cut into cubes
Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Filling (recipe follows)
12 miniature peanut butter cups, crumbled, divided
1 (8-ounce) container frozen nonfat whipped topping, thawed
1. In bowl, whisk together chocolate pudding and milk according to package directions.
2. In trifle or large glass bowl, layer ingredients beginning with one-third angel food cake, one-half Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Filling (see recipe), half of chocolate pudding, one- third peanut butter cups, and whipped topping. 2. 2. Repeat layers ending with remaining third peanut butter cups.
Peanut Butter Filling
1 (8-ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
2/3 cup skim milk
1. In mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese and peanut butter. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar and milk mixing until creamy.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 233, Calories from Fat27%, Fat 7g, Saturated Fat 3g, Cholesterol 9mg, Sodium 330mg, Carbohydrates 36g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Total Sugars 25g, Protein 7g, Dietary Exchanges: 2 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 1/2 fat
Terrific Tip: If you don’t have a trifle bowl, use a large glass bowl because you want to be able to see the layers for the presentation.
You can now watch me whip up my favorite of chocolate peanut butter desserts! It will be yours too!!!
For more information, visit www.hollyclegg.com or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Football Centerpieces Easy and Affordable Plus 3 Top Tailgating Recipes - September 21, 2016
- Best Quinoa Salad Recipes – Summer to Fall - September 20, 2016
- Easy Remoulade Sauce Recipe Delicious with Louisiana Crawfish - September 13, 2016