Red Velvet Berry Trifle-BEST Red Velvet Dessert Recipe
This week on WAFB I made my delicious and beautiful Red Velvet Berry Trifle. This is a dessert that doubles as a centerpiece for any delectable spread and is just great for holiday entertaining. It’s perfect for the holidays when you need a break from the pies. Being able to prepare it ahead of time and refrigerate it eliminates the feeling of needing to pull dessert from the oven at just the right moment. This decadent Red Velvet Berry Trifle is from my Eating Well to Fight Arthritis
EASIEST dessert and still most impressive!
So, if you’re one of those that really doesn’t like to cook, this recipe has your name on it. A great way to get fruit into your dessert and I love this for the holidays. A trifle serves a large group, makes quite the presentation and you can’t mess it up. Don’t get caught up making the layers even. I promise no one will ever look that closely especially after one bit of this amazing trifle. I can’t wait for you to try this spectacular dessert. Make-ahead, serves a crowd and even healthy!
Red Velvet Berry Trifle from Eating Well To Fight Arthritis cookbook
A few mixes and boxes come together for this stupendous trifle, layering cake, heavenly pudding, berries and whipped topping.
Makes 25 servings
1 (18.25-ounce) box Red Velvet cake mix
1/4 cup canola oil
1 1/3 cups water
3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
3 cups skim milk, divided
2 (4-serving) boxes instant white chocolate or cheesecake pudding and pie filling
1/4 cup orange juice
3 cups sliced strawberries, raspberries, blueberries or combination
1 (8-ounce) container frozen nonfat whipped topping, thawed
1. Preheat oven 350°F. Coat two (9-inch) round cake pans with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In mixing bowl, combine cake mix, oil, eggs, and water, blending until well mixed. Pour batter into prepared pans and bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
3. Meanwhile, in bowl mix together cream cheese and a little milk to blend. Add remaining milk and both boxes of pudding, mixing and following directions on box.
4. In trifle bowl or large glass bowl, layer cake, drizzle with 2 tablespoons orange juice, half the pudding, berries, and whipped topping. Repeat layers ending with whipped topping.
For more easy to prepare holiday recipes visit my website.
For more information, visit About Holly or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Easy Homemade Teacher Gift Ideas – 4-Ingredient Margarita Salt Body Scrub - December 9, 2016
- Inexpensive Homemade Christmas Gifts – Mouthwatering Quick Breads - December 9, 2016
- Easy Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe in Bread Bowl -Diabetic Spinach Dip - December 8, 2016