Christmas Snack Mix Recipe on My Healthy Food Blog Most POPULAR of Snack Mix Recipes
My Christmas Snack Mix recipe is a little salty with some sweet is a flavor combination sure to please. I enjoy whipping up a large batch of this snack mix from my cookbook, Eating Well to Fight Arthritis. My arthritis cookbook is filled with healthy easy recipes for eating healthy! I know there’s lots of snack mix recipes. Sometimes I divide the mix into smaller festive holiday containers and use as gifts. These affordable gifts make great hostess gifts, neighbors, teachers and I even give it to tmy mailman. I use this for holiday gifts because this is one of those recipes that is so easy to whip up. Also, it is half the price of the pre-made store mixes. Besides, I often find myself craving the combination of this sweet and salty treat.
Snack Mix Recipe for Christmas with Christmas M&M’s
The ingredients are simple and the Christmas M&M’s make the Snack Mix festive for the holidays. Sometimes, I use dried cranberries or any dried fruit to substitute for the M&M’. Also, sometimes I just toss in all my favorite ingredients. So, adapt to the holiday time of year or your tastebuds! Usually, I save myself a trip to the store and I order these M&M holiday candies.
Snack Mix Recipe from Eating Well to Fight Arthritis
Here’s an easy Christmas snack mix recipe and it makes a great snack mix any time of day. Best of all, you can really use this recipe any time of the year. Sweet and salty mixes are always a great combo and this mix is addicting!
Makes 20 (1/2-cup) servings
3 tablespoons sesame oil
3 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
4 cups crispy wheat cereal squares
6 cups mini pretzels
1 cup soy nuts
1 cup dry roasted peanuts
1 cup candy-coated chocolate pieces
1.Preheat oven 250°F. Whisk together sesame oil, honey, soy sauce, garlic salt, and onion powder.
2. Toss together cereal squares, pretzels, soy nuts, and peanuts in large bowl. Then, drizzle oil mixture over cereal mixture and toss gently to coat.
3. Scatter mixture on foil-lined jelly roll pan. Bake 25 minutes and stir often to prevent too much browning. Next, turn off oven and let the cereal stay in oven 1 hour to continue crisping. Then, when cool, toss with chocolate candies and store in an airtight container. Best of all it stores up to one week so make ahead of time.
Nutritional information per serving
Calories 242, Protein (g) 8, Carbohydrate (g) 32, Fat (g) 10, Cal. from Fat (%) 37, Saturated Fat (g) 3, Dietary Fiber (g) 3, Cholesterol (mg) 2, Sodium (mg) 400, Diabetic Exchanges: 0.5 very lean meat, 1 starch, 1 other carbohydrate, 2 fat
Watch me make some Yummy DIY foodie gifts!
Snack Mix Homemade Gifts
Best of all, this Christmas snack mix recipe tops my list for easy and affordable gifts! So, look for inexpensive holiday containers or plastic bags and tie with a ribbon. Now, you have a fun, holiday homemade gift with one of the best snack mix recipes.
Check out more of my easy, healthy snack recipes. Remember, I am about healthy easy recipes. Finally, I hope to inspire eating healthy! Finally, I want to give you the link to my favorite holiday M&M’s candy
For more information, visit About Holly or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Fresh Cranberry Recipes -What To Make with Fresh Cranberries? - December 3, 2016
- Recipes Using Spice Cake Mix – BEST EVER Easy Yam Chocolate Spice Bars - December 2, 2016
- Mango Chutney Spread Recipe -6 Ingredient Sweet, Spicy & Salty Dip - December 1, 2016