Christmas Snack Mix Recipe Makes Easy Homemade Christmas Gift!
If you are wondering what to bring to your next holiday party, this cravable sweet and salty Christmas Snack Mix recipe makes the perfect holiday hostess easy homemade Christmas gifts! I enjoy whipping up a large batch of this snack mix from my arthritis cookbook, Eating Well to Fight Arthritis, because my arthritis cookbook is filled with healthy easy recipes. Make a batch and divide the mix into smaller festive holiday containers and use as gifts, This holiday snack mix makes delicious and affordable easy homemade Christmas gifts or for your hostesses, neighbors, teachers and I even give it to my mailman. It is one of my snacks for arthritis diet recipes and about healthy cooking.
Arthritis Diet Recipes Include Snack Mix Recipe for the Holidays with Christmas M&M’s
The ingredients are simple and the red and green M&M’s make the Christmas Snack Mix recipe festive for the holidays, and save yourself a trip to the store and order these M&M holiday candies. Use dried cranberries or any dried fruit to substitute for the M&M’s, and sometimes I just toss in all my favorite ingredients so adapt to the holiday time of year or your tastebuds! I love to whip up this sweet and salty treat for holiday gifts, because this easy recipe is half the price of the pre-made store mixes. You can use colorful tins or simply use a mason jar and tie with a bow for an easy giftable snack mix anyone will love to receive!
Snack Mix Recipe from Eating Well to Fight Arthritis
Here’s an easy Christmas snack mix recipe and it makes a great snack mix any time of day. Best of all, you can really use this recipe any time of the year. Sweet and salty mixes are always a great combo and this mix is addicting!
Makes 20 (1/2-cup) servings
3 tablespoons sesame oil
3 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
4 cups crispy wheat cereal squares
6 cups mini pretzels
1 cup soy nuts
1 cup dry roasted peanuts
1 cup candy-coated chocolate pieces
1.Preheat oven 250°F. Whisk together sesame oil, honey, soy sauce, garlic salt, and onion powder.
2. Toss together cereal squares, pretzels, soy nuts, and peanuts in large bowl. Then, drizzle oil mixture over cereal mixture and toss gently to coat.
3. Scatter mixture on foil-lined jelly roll pan. Bake 25 minutes and stir often to prevent too much browning. Tturn the off oven and let the cereal stay in oven 1 hour to continue crisping. When cool, toss with chocolate candies and store in an airtight container. Best of all, make this recipe ahead of time because it stores up to one week in covered container.
Nutritional information per serving
Calories 242, Protein (g) 8, Carbohydrate (g) 32, Fat (g) 10, Cal. from Fat (%) 37, Saturated Fat (g) 3, Dietary Fiber (g) 3, Cholesterol (mg) 2, Sodium (mg) 400, Diabetic Exchanges: 0.5 very lean meat, 1 starch, 1 other carbohydrate, 2 fat
Watch me make some Yummy DIY foodie gifts![youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2rU1Z3NYW8[/youtube]
For more information, visit About Holly or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Best Chicken Breast Recipe – Spicy Glazed Chicken - March 28, 2017
- March Madness Recipes with Glen Big Baby Davis – Healthy Hamburger Dip - March 27, 2017
- Multiple Myeloma Cancer Diet -What Is Multiple Myeloma and What to Eat? - March 27, 2017