Easy Low Carb Recipe Options
When Baylor asked me to teach easy low carb recipes for a cooking class,I was excited. I thought it would be fun to demonstrate three recipes that are easy to make but had flair. Sometimes you don’t realize how easy cooking good healthy delicious meals can be. I decide to prepare my Roasted Salmon and Broccoli Salad from KITCHEN 101. I love this recipe because you roast the salmon and broccoli at the same time. I have the best low carb recipes and these recipes are not boring. So, next Chicken Stir Fry Lettuce Wraps were on my list as lots of people don’t think about making chicken lettuce wraps for a low carb dinner. Of course, I had to make a indulgent dessert so Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits-was an easy choice. All these recipes are from my easiest cookbook, KITCHEN 101.
Best low carb recipes of the class!
Roasted Salmon and Broccoli Salad Top The Easy Low Carb Recipes
I was excited when the class selected the Roasted Salmon and Broccoli Salad as one of the best low carb recipes for salmon. Roasting, one-step cooking, boosts the flavor of the salmon and broccoli combined with everyday ingredients for an amazing simple salad. Have leftover salmon from the night before, turn into this main dish salad.
Roasted Salmon and Broccoli Salad from KITCHEN 101 cookbook
Makes 5 (1-cup) servings
1 (16-ounce) salmon fillet
4 cups broccoli florets
Salt and pepper to taste
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
1/3 cup chopped red onion
2 cup chopped cucumber
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
4 cups torn assorted salad greens (trimmed, washed, and dried)
Vinaigrette (recipe follows)
1. Preheat oven 400°F. Cover baking sheet with foil.
2. Place salmon on one side of pan and broccoli on other side. Toss broccoli with olive oil and season to taste. Roast 15-20 minutes, depending on thickness of salmon (about 10 minutes per inch). Cool and flake into bite-size pieces with fork.
3. In large bowl, combine flaked salmon, roasted broccoli, tomatoes, onion, cucumber and basil. Toss with Vinaigrette (see recipe) and serve over mixed greens.
A light vinaigrette
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1. In small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, and mustard. Set aside.
Nutritional info per serving:
Calories 224, Calories from Fat 36%, Fat 9g, Saturated Fat 1g, Cholesterol 42mg, Sodium 283mg, Carbohydrates 14g, Dietary Fiber 4g, Total Sugars 7g, Protein 23g, Dietary Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 3 lean meat
Easy Low Carb Recipes include my Strawberry Cheesecake Parfait for an indulgent low carb dessert!
I wanted to create an easy healthy cheesecake recipe for my cookbook, KITCHEN 101. I know how everyone always loves cheesecake. So, this Strawberry Cheesecake Parfait recipe is a no bake, simple cheesecake. I can’t wait for you to make it!!!. You can make up this recipe in minutes!
My Baylor Cooking Class was so much fun!
I will be teaching more cooking classes at Baylor in Dallas. Best of all we got to eat samples of all of the easy low carb recipes I prepared. Since you weren’t at the class, you can now enjoy these 3 recipes in your kitchen
For more information, visit www.hollyclegg.com or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Football Centerpieces Easy and Affordable Plus 3 Top Tailgating Recipes - September 21, 2016
- Best Quinoa Salad Recipes – Summer to Fall - September 20, 2016
- Easy Remoulade Sauce Recipe Delicious with Louisiana Crawfish - September 13, 2016