Oatmeal Chocolate Pizza Turns Into Fun Christmas Recipes
Fun Christmas recipes can be your everyday healthy easy recipe favorites! This Oatmeal Chocolate Pizza from Gulf Coast Favorites gets into the holiday spirit because I substituted Holiday M&M’s for chocolate chips. This is one of my fun kids Christmas recipes. I try to find kids recipes during the holidays because kids love to help in the kitchen.
Oatmeal Chocolate Cookie Recipe – Fun Christmas Recipes for Dessert Pizza
I call this oatmeal cookie recipe a pizza but think of it as an oversized oatmeal cookie or cookie cake. You probably have all the ingredients in the pantry and add holiday M&M’s and you can turn one of our favorites into kids Christmas recipes. Clegg who is four years old was at my house and of course, he helped me in the kitchen. I love fun Christmas recipes.
Oatmeal Chocolate Pizza from Gulf Coast Favorites
A giant indulgent oatmeal cookie topped with chocolate chips and marshmallows. Haley, my daughter, and I couldn’t quit eating this treat making it a pizza fit for people of all ages. I turned it into one of my fun Christmeas recipesand I only added holiday M&M’s.
Makes 12–16 slices
1 cup light brown sugar
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup flaked coconut
1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional
1. Preheat oven 350ºF. Coat 12-14-inch pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In large bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, baking soda, oatmeal. Add butter, vanilla and egg; mix well.
3. Press onto prepared pan, keeping dough 1 inch from edge of pan.
4. Sprinkle with chocolate chips, coconut, marshmallows, pecans, if desired. Bake 10–12 minutes or until edges are set. Don’t overbake.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 212, Calories from fat (%) 34, Fat (g) 8, Saturated Fat (g) 5, Cholesterol (mg) 28, Sodium (mg) 136, Carbohydrate (g) 33, Dietary Fiber (g) 1, Sugars (g) 19, Protein (g) 3, Diabetic Exchanges: 2 carbohydrates, 1 1/2 fat
TERRIFIC TIDBIT: Use about 1 cup assorted seasonal (Christmas, Valentine’s Day, or Easter) M&M’s instead of the chocolate chips for a festive holiday pizza for fun Christmas recipes.
Another great Gulf Coast Favorites recipe: SPECIAL DISOUNT ON MY WEBSITE: SHOP with HOLIDAY for 25% OFF!
For more information, visit About Holly or The Healthy Cooking Blog for more recipes and tips.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Oscar Party Food Recipes To Watch Academy Awards with Winning Easy Menu - February 24, 2017
- Easy Muffuletta Salad Recipe -Jazzed Up Amazing Muffuletta Pasta Salad - February 20, 2017
- Easy Chicken and Dumplings Recipe with Rotisserie Chicken & Bisquick - February 19, 2017